Voice Chat

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

BillHicksFan

Voice Chat

Postby BillHicksFan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:34 pm

For 99% of the earth' history, ALL communication was face to face.. Now it's 99% artificial, and I believe that is a reason for alienation -- no one who understands the way you think - no shared language.

I know it is ironic to then go online to find people to talk with, but if everyone is online, what is the alternative? So I'll ask. Are there databases or sites online to just randomly talk to someone? I used to go on a site called chatroulette, but it turned to garbage. I don't have internet on my phone, no apps, so my options are limited - hence the reason I'm asking... I remember years ago someone finding something on their phone, and it would randomly connect with whoever was receptive.. I remember talking with a guy from India, and thought how great it would be if there was something for a computer/laptop.

I guess I'm tired of the same ol' e-mails, and it would be interesting to talk with someone on the phone. About things we love.. For me, it's music (60s/70s), movies (1930-70s), and comedy - the best medicine.. Guys like Mort Sahl, Bill Hicks, George Carlin. I also love to travel the world, backpacking and learning as much as possible, jamming with the international musical community, and developing and trying to understand (to cope). I figure if you're human, you've invested enough time, so you might as well find out as much as you can.

Maybe people on here can coordinate a forum.. If someone talks about their love of basketball, maybe you might know a place for THAT person. I also find people are more happy when they talk about things they LOVE, instead of things they hate.

I'm in the US, and have a cell phone, and not averse to giving it out if there's a good chance for an interesting conversation without drama.. I'm not interested in talking about relationship problems, for example..... If you have a sense of humor, the rest (music, movies, etc) might not matter at all.... I think a part of my frustration is the lack of anyone responding, apathy, which will lead to MORE negativity. Sometimes I tell myself I shouldn't waste my time typing this, or wasting my time chatting, because I've had people who I could talk to for hours, but it seems like call when they need something, and disappear when their appetite was served.

Or, maybe you have no interest in talking, but might be receptive to doing something creative - like writing..... For those who are too scared to make any kind of communication, I recommend making an alternate e-mail address strictly for one topic, and another for another topic.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Voice Chat

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:25 pm

As technology grows so does communication benefits but also problems.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”