Deleted

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

lost-soul

Deleted

Postby lost-soul » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Deleted
Last edited by lost-soul on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimm

Re: What the phrase "change your adittude and look at the bright side" really means

Postby Jimm » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:33 pm

It means the same as "Pull yourself together" which is the phrase I get to hear all the time. I try to ignore it, but occasionally it can make me really mad. The sort of people that come out with this are ignorant and uncaring and best avoided in your life.

RustyTavern

Re: What the phrase "change your adittude and look at the bright side" really means

Postby RustyTavern » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:10 pm

lost-soul wrote:Its just something people say in order to get someone to shut the f*** up in order to not deal with them. It maybe all under the guise of trying to help them feel better or to make good progress in life, but in reality, they couldnt care less and just want you to stay silent within your depressive state while conditioning you to normal society which has already f***** you over and made you feel like nothing anyway. So f*** all those motherfuckers that have wronged me, i can act however the f*** i feel like. If you dont like it, then f*** off!!!!

Here's an exercise: how do you feel when someone tells you their grief and you think its shallow and want to tell them to pull their finger out?

lost-soul

Deleted

Postby lost-soul » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:39 pm

Deleted
Last edited by lost-soul on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beth F

Postby Beth F » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Or better yet, when someone tells you to quit moping, as if deep depression means you're a child who hasn't gotten her way. But for your question, yes, I think it's often a way of people acting like they want to help when what they're really saying is stop bothering me. Personally speaking I do have mixed feelings about this. Although it can make me feel angry or hurt when someone makes a statement like that, I know deep down inside I have a certain amount of power to shift my focus. I don't mean I can just magically make all the depression, anxiety and anger go away by thinking happy thoughts. But just a subtle shift in my perspective can help a little, at times.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”