anger

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

sigmund

anger

Postby sigmund » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:26 am

like in other post my father passed away before i was 2, my mother moved back home and i was abused, when i grew up i had so much anger in me i felt like dr jeckyll and mr hyde, when i had kids i couldn't cope and sadly abused them. for years when my anger which seems to have a life of its own took over i was abusing animals too. i now find afer 15 years of panic attacks and anxiety and depression the nager is growing and taking more of a life form.
how do you live with this and please don't judge me i hate myself enough now for what i have done.

not giving up

Postby not giving up » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:07 pm

Well, I'm no expert in this subject. But my husband went through the same thing when he returned from Iraq. It took a REALLY long time to talk him into seeing a doctor about his anger, but he finally did when I told him he was either to see one or risk losing me and his children. They put him on antidepressants, which have done wonders for his anger issues. He's still depressed, and there are days when I feel like I have to drag him out of bed and force him to do something other than watch TV all day. But the anger has subsided. Hope this helped!

sigmund

Postby sigmund » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:13 am

thank you for your reply, i have been on antidepressants for over 10 years and whilst they helped a little in the beginning they are doing very little now. in fact one of them i am on is zoloft which i have heard that 7 out of 10 people who commit sucide are on zoloft.
i have a referral to see a psycharist for a once of assessment. if i want to see some one regularly i would have to pay the gap which could be anywhere from $50.00 up to $200.00 which is a lot when on a pension.
am so glad your hubby is doing better, whilst the anger is under control may i suggest he seeks councelling. and i know how hubby feels not wanting to do anything if it wasn't for my animals i wouldn't get up at all.
well maybe eventually to go to the loo but other than that i have to force myself to get up. i am so fed up with feeling tired and dizzy all the time.
hugs to your hubby and hoping he continues to improve.

not giving up

Postby not giving up » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:21 pm

Wow. I'm sorry it's not working out for you. I've heard excercise and proper diet help, although they did very little for my husband. One thing I have noticed is that caffeine has an awful negative effect on him. He used to be a total caffeine junky, but has gotten better since he's cut back on that. That could be a fluke, but you never know - maybe it will help you as well. It also seems to help him to do something that makes him feel useful. Maybe you could get into some volunteer work or something?
Sorry I'm not more help with this. As I said, I'm pretty much flying blind, having never dealt with this before. Good luck!

sigmund

Postby sigmund » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:19 pm

good luck with your hubby, will keep you both in our prayers. i think a lot of my anger has come to the surface again because 17 months ago i gave up smoking and i guess i am still craving for them.
as for the caffiene i haven't have coffee for 15 years since the panic attacks started. perhaps your hubby would enjoy natures cuppa it tastes like coffee but has no caffine in it and is very good for you.
please keep me posted as your hubby is going and may god be with you both. take care as ask for strength and guidance.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:12 pm

(((((((((((((((((( sigmund ))))))))))))))))))

Who are we to judge? We all deal with depression, anxiety, so many things. If you feel that you are on a downward mode please consider professional help. If you are getting that then make them hear you. Make them help you to be the you that is there.

Keep posting and venting, it helps so so much.

Warmie

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”