OMG another reason to be sad

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

karolanne

OMG another reason to be sad

Postby karolanne » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:02 am

Hi,
Yes, like I needed that, I have another reason to be sad.

At work, I am the one who have the lowest income. The next closer to me has about 2.2X my income. And it goes up to 4X my income.

They organise an activity for all the workers, a lunch to a restaurant. I let the responsibles know that it was too expensive for me and asked them to change restaurant. The first answer I got is "what do you want me to tell you? Just not come". And this morning, the boss confirmed to me that they keep the restaurant choice and I just have to don't go.

So, in 2 weeks, everyone at work will be having fun in a restaurant while I'll be at work working.

Oh geez, I feel so sad and rejected right now :(

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:48 am

I'm at work and I'm crying right now. I try to not let anyone notice it. I don't want people here seeing me crying. It's not professionnal at all and at my work, they don't like "weak" people, really really don't like that. I work in a very hard environnement. When I was real down many years ago, I was about to commit suicide, I knew it because I had a plan and everything ready. In a desperate effort of getting help, I spoke about it with someone at work. The result was that 3-4 people came to me after and told me that if I want to commit suicide, keep your mouth shut and just do it. Coworkers stopped to talk to me. Few weeks later, guess what, I tried... Then, I was on a sick leave for about a year and a half. No one called me to get news. The only call I got is from someone I didn't know that told me that my job was being cancelled (I don't know how to say that in English, but I mean the position is closed).

I guess that's life...

Frame

Postby Frame » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi Karolanne;

So I guess, these are two different jobs; one before your sick leave and one after, right? A different company?

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Oh well, it seems I'm all alone today, suffering. No answer here, no friends on facebook. No access to the chatroom from work. Can't call a crisis line because everyone here can hear me when I'm on the phone (no wall).

:cry:

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi Frame,

It seems I was writing my previous comment while you posted yours.

Different job, same company. I did job interview in other companies, but I was so sick when it was time for me to go back to work (it was an insurance desicion - my doctor didn't agree - he said I was still too ill to go back to work - but it was that or no more money support of any source), I did very wrong in my interviews.

My therapeuth, my psychiatrist, my doctor, they all told me that this environnement of working is too hard for someone like me. My psychologist told me that even her couldnT' work in that kind of environnement.

Until yesterday, I was happy in my new job. But now, problems are starting the same way it started the last time...

Maybe this time, I'll be abble to get over it, maybe I won't, maybe I'll get the strenght to look for another job.

Of course, if you could send me Chris Hemsworth by mail, I will feel much better. Oh, and down like I am right now, if you can't get Chris, Tom Hiddleston can make the job, if he dresses up like Loki. LOL At least I can do a joke... but I've been asking for Chris Hemsworth for 3 days now...

Take care.

fallen

Postby fallen » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:04 pm

sorry you are feeling that way, hope tomorrow will be better for you.
take care

Ieris

Postby Ieris » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:45 am

Hope things work out for you at your new job, it's a shame that your colleagues aren't being supportive but you can't really expect them to. If things don't work out, you always have the option to find another work place. If this happens everywhere you go then you may need to accept that the problem lies with you. What are the problems that arise when you're at the work place?

Fingers crossed that someone sends you Chris Hemsworth for Christmas! :p

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:03 am

Hi, thanks.

Thanks for the wish for the gift, but now, I'm totally infanuated with Tom Hiddleston! LOL

Ieris

Postby Ieris » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Lol make up your mind!!! I'll happily take Chris Hemsworth off you! ;p

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:29 am

LOL :lol:

It's good with me, I take Tom and you have Chris :)

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”