trying to get pregnant while on anti depressants

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Anonymous4283

trying to get pregnant while on anti depressants

Postby Anonymous4283 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:23 pm

So my husband and I are trying to get pregnant, I am currently on Prozac. My depression is severe without medication but I will get off of it once Im pregnant if thats what I need to do.

Has anyone gone thru this?

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:38 am

The best thing I can say is to try to have a lot of supportive people around you.

Have you gone to your doctor and inquired? That's what I would do.

I had been off of meds for many years (about 5, I think) before I had become pregnant and had not realized it (defective pregnancy tests). I was only taking meds for tendonitis & seizures temporarily, but I felt the meds were too toxic and did not carry my pregnancy to term.

I'm not saying that's what you have to do. I would seriously consult a doctor. I have been pretty stable since I did lemonade diet (cleansing). It fixed a lot of issues I had. In fact, I'd really love to do it again. (If you do any sort of cleanse, you do it before you get pregnant.) Your mileage may vary. Again, consult a doctor!

App

Postby App » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:39 am

Hi Anon4823. "We" were never on Prozac" (Would have declined it if it were offered). Just armed ourselves with Folic Acid & a thermometer !
Despite our experiences we still consider
ourselves extremely fortunate to have a son for whom we will always be around & daughter of whom we are so immensely proud.
Very, very best of luck in your endeavours.
A.

wanttobedead

Postby wanttobedead » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:50 pm

Your husband cannot get pregnant. He only stand very close by while you get pregnant. Personally, I would never bring a kid into this society but it's your call. Depression being what it is, it will only get worse while you're pregnant, and then you're going to pile postpartum depression on top of that after you have the baby. This looks like a train wreck to me.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”