Somebody needs to help me...

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

bailee

Somebody needs to help me...

Postby bailee » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:48 pm

I am in desperate need of help, otherwise i feel that i may kill myself.

I have very recently owned up to the fact that i am suffering from major depression. I just feel like my life is so empty. I have even cut myself to distract me away from the pain i am feeling. And i just know if I don't get help i am going to seriously hurt myself.

I have the worse headaches imaginable, food well what can i say i can't even stand to look at food the last time i ate was over 2 weeks ago. And because of that i have no energy and I get about 5 hours sleep a week. I just don't know how to control what is happening to me.

I have been prescribed anti-depressants but as we all know they don't work

I just need to know how other people have come through this because i just feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Stephen
Senior Moderator

Postby Stephen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:33 pm

Title: Somebody needs to help me...

Actually I think the best advice is that we need to help ourselves. It's great you've joined these forums, so I think that's a great step you've made. There is also a chat room for this website if that's your sort of thing.

As you are feeling so low though, I think the best way you can help yourself is by contacting a health professional. If it's out of hours there when you read this then please call a helpline such as the Samaritans.

There are also a list of international emergency contact numbers for depression on this site: http://www.depression-understood.org/in ... ontact.htm

Please don't be a stranger, and come back and let us know how you are doing.

Stephen

Feathertail

Postby Feathertail » Wed May 28, 2008 11:21 am

I see your struggling :(
I also have severe depression and at times I want to die
You need to talk to your doctor about how your feeling and try and be with people so you don't have an urge to self harm.
*big hugs*

Feathertail.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:58 pm

the thing that got me to keep going was of the ones who loved me. I knew that if I kept hurting myself I would just keep hurting the ones that loved me. I could not handle that so I did it for them. After a bit I started to feel a little better like there was hope for me and started to do group therapy's and everything I can think of to get me alive again. Of course you have those real hard down moments but it's the wait that is worth it.. keep hoping, don't give up and think of the one person that you do not want to hurt.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:32 pm

(((((((((((( bailee )))))))))))))))

Trust in the ones that care for they will show you how to trust in yourself.

How are you doing? Hope to hear from you soon.

Warmie 8)

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”