Feeling low and working

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

karolanne

Feeling low and working

Postby karolanne » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:45 am

Hello,
I'm at work right now and I feel so down and I have suicidal thoughts. It's so hard to work. I just want to cry. I just want to yell in the office that I don't feel good. But instead of that, I smile to everyone and say I'm good when they ask "how are you".

That's one day in a mentally ill person...

Karolanne

stillwaters

Postby stillwaters » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi karolanne
That is the same day for a lot of people. I am sorry you are having a hard time today. Try to remember that people ask "how are you" like they are just saying hello. In most cases it is automatic and they really dont expect a response. Try not to personalise it and think how bad you are actually feeling but just consider it an extended hello and dont worry about your response. You are at work to do a job. Try to focus on that. Take some deep breaths. I know it is hard and this sounds trite but it will get better.

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi,

Yes I know it's the same for a lot of people :(

I live with mental illness since I'm a child. Bad days, I had many. But I just can't get used to it when I live one. It's a painful day.

I would like that all people understand that feeling that way is painful, that not only physical issues hurt...

stillwaters

Postby stillwaters » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi again karolanne
I too wish more people understood so it is not so lonely. If they are like me though, they have to live through it to ever have an idea what it is like. I would not wish this on anyone else but I hope you are feeling better soon. You are not alone in how you feel. Please be strong.

balcony

Postby balcony » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:01 am

Hi Karolanne, welcome to the forums. (((((((karolanne))))))))))) It makes me so sad to think of you feeling that way at work. I hope you do come in the chatroom during those times. You have so many friends and fans.
Thinking of you, Lisa

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:15 am

Hey balcony, you came :)

Unfortunatelly, I can't connect to the chat from the office. So, I pretty live those bad days alone, until I came home and connect to the chat...
take care.
see you later.

balcony

Postby balcony » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:17 am

If you tell me when the difficult periods are, I am happy to meet you here if you can connect to the forums. Let me know..

Lisa

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”