Useless Writer

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

BrokenPen

Useless Writer

Postby BrokenPen » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:58 am

Recently, I came across a video about a young girl who had been found at the site called "Wattpad" and after getting over 17 million viewers she was signed on to make her online book into an actual published book. Already this had enraged me because of the fact that I had been trying to get published for a very long time and now an 18 year old comes along and gets it as easily as signing up for a website. What is wrong with everything?

But now it just makes me think that everything I've done or tried to do has just been a waste. All my work of writing, re-writing, editing, writing, editing, submission and rejection was all a wast as well. And that I'm a waste as well.

And again it brings me back to the names of some famous people: Ernest Hemmingway, VIncent Van Gough, Kurt Cobain, Hunter S. Thompson, Richard Jeni and Sylvia Plath. I wonder if they had the right idea.

Destination

Postby Destination » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:42 am

Well I don't know if this will be of much help. You might want to do more research before deciding if this is the right move for you.

I have been considering doing this myself. In fact, I am currently working on a story that I plan to try to sell online.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-act ... ng-ebooks/

This is mostly information that can possibly help you. I like this option because I don't have to be "approved" before selling my writing. I hope this will help you as much as it has helped me. :)

mr_black

Re: Useless Writer

Postby mr_black » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:57 am

BrokenPen wrote:And again it brings me back to the names of some famous people: Ernest Hemmingway, VIncent Van Gough, Kurt Cobain, Hunter S. Thompson, Richard Jeni and Sylvia Plath. I wonder if they had the right idea.

By committing suicide? It ended their careers, it would end yours before it even gets started and ensure that indeed your life had been wasted.

So why not join the same site this girl did and see if you can get some readers and become more widely known? It will at least give you some exposure and maybe some needed feedback on your work.

BrokenPen

Postby BrokenPen » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:12 am

mr_black wrote:
BrokenPen wrote:And again it brings me back to the names of some famous people: Ernest Hemmingway, VIncent Van Gough, Kurt Cobain, Hunter S. Thompson, Richard Jeni and Sylvia Plath. I wonder if they had the right idea.

By committing suicide? It ended their careers, it would end yours before it even gets started and ensure that indeed your life had been wasted.

So why not join the same site this girl did and see if you can get some readers and become more widely known? It will at least give you some exposure and maybe some needed feedback on your work.

That's the thing, Mr black is that I don't think I even have a career to get started with in the first place.

Destination

Postby Destination » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:24 pm

BrokenPen wrote:All my work of writing, re-writing, editing, writing, editing, submission and rejection was all a wast as well. And that I'm a waste as well.

The reason I made the suggestion is because of this statement. There is no submission, no editors -- except yourself of course -- and therefore no rejection letters.

You simply put your stuff up with a summary of what the book is about. And people pay to download the book if they think it sounds interesting. There is something of interest to everyone, so some people will buy your books and some won't. The best part is you won't have to keep getting rejected. You can simply do what you love (writing) and put it up. Its a huge confidence booster!

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”