Can my depression and anxiety cause me chest pain?

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

mr_black

Postby mr_black » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:25 pm

I'd be sure to make that doctors appointment to rule out high blood pressure or a heart condition if I were you.

Al

Postby Al » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Yes stress can cause all sorts of physical health problems joe, including heart problems, raised blood pressure etc. It might well be manageable witout medication though, definitely see a doctor mate, if for nothing else to rule out more serious problems at least.

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:14 am

From experience, I can tell you that stress can cause many problems for our bodies.

If there is an issue that can be dealt with. High blood pressure, anxiety A doctors office trip might be able to fix you up without drugs. Maybe just a change in your diet and exercise.

I know that when I start getting chest pains I try to work through it with controlling my breathing,

When that doesn't work I head off to the doctor or emergency. I don't fool around with chest pains. Even though my life feels like cr+p, death is not something that I want to experience yet.

I hope to hear that you have gone to your gp and that he has found an answer for yoiu

alyssaswoon

Postby alyssaswoon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:14 am

I find almost every time I have a panic attack one of the first signs is a tight chest and some pain. My doctor told me mild chest pains were normal so long as they weren't frequent.
It happened to me a lot one month and went to get my blood pressure taken and it was higher than normal, that's when my Doc started considering different medications.

One of my therapists taught me a breathing exercise for when I feel "panicky" to slow my breathing and ease my chest pain. It worked for minor attacks, better than nothing I suppose!

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”