Broken leg

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Monty

Broken leg

Postby Monty » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure where to put this post. Decided that other health concerns fit it.

I tripped over my own, big feet last Tuesday. Figured at first that I had broken my ankle. Turns out that I broke the bone at the bottom of the tibia.

They can't do surgery on it, or even cast it. Turns out that all I can do is wear one of those big boots and try to stay off of it as much as possible.

I kept telling them that I figured that I had hurt my wrist of my arm. Finally I got someone to listen to me about my arm (they xrayed the wrist on the day that I fell, along with the ankle and said it was ok) today.

On my fourth doctor's visit I got my arm xrayed, from the shoulder down to my wrist. I actually have a bump on my arm that looks suspiciously like a bone.

Won't hear about the xray until tomorrow. The radiologist read it this afternoon and will send on the results to my gp, sometime tomorrow.

If I get a call, it is broken. If I don't hear anything then it is ok.

Since I take so many psych pills I don't like to fool around with pain pills. This time I think I am going to have to break down and take some. The pain is actually making me feel sick to my stomach.

I suppose at least with the leg (I was told to stay off of it and just get up to go to the bathroom) I might be able to spend some time at the computer again. Kind of got wrapped up in my own stuff last week.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 pm

((((((((((((((((( Monty ))))))))))))))

Oh my hon! Boy when you do something, you do it right! Fingers crossed that the arm/wrist isn't broken as well.

Won't go into all that has happened here, but let's say, I have those 'boots'/walking cast-shoe for both legs. Oh lots of fun, NOT.

Please keep us update on what you find out. Good luck hon, hoping for the best for you.

Warmie

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Thanks for your post,

I was just getting ready to turn off the computer and my mom screamed from the bedroom that she had fallen and hurt herself.

With a broken right leg, and an iffy right arm figured that I should be phoning my brother to come over and help me. I couldn't help her up, and she said that she had hurt her knee.

All I could do was make her lay down on the floor (gave her a pillow) and wait for my brother to come. He only lives 10 blocks from mom's so it wasn't too far for him to come. They had some delay because my youngest nephew was puking in the bathroom when I phoned.

They got here. Helped her up. Got her into bed.

I am now going to turn off the computer (after all the happenings my computer was still on so I thought I would post) find myself a nice pain pill and put up my leg.

Think this has been enough for today.

Thanks for your concern Warmie.
Goodnight

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:42 am

oh poor monty! sorry to hear about your bad luck. hope your leg and arm heal quickly and that you are coping with the pain

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:58 am

((((((((((((((( Monty and Monty's mother )))))))))))))))

How are you both doing?? Let me know.

Warmie

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:41 pm

My mom has been difficult to live with (mind you I imagine I am not the easiest person to live with myself) and with having my driving leg, out of commission for a while,means that I am kind of a captive (a friend mentioned that term)

I stay around in the morning but try to get someone to take care of her in the afternoon. Even if it just for a couple of hours.

Gives me a chance to breathe.

I am planning a trip to Calgary at the start of October. My brother will just have to cope.

Mom is going away into a nursing home for some respite care at the end of October. She is gone for 6 days so I think that I will leave town then.

I definitely think I need to just get away from town, for a bit and get the chance to recharge.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:50 pm

(((((((((( Monty )))))))))))))))

Nothing wrong with getting away. I am going to do that myself, just not sure when, but thoughts and plans are in the works.

Monty

Postby Monty » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:02 am

My daughter and I are huge football fans.

Leg was feeling better until our team scored a touchdown at which point I jumped up from couch. Not a good plan since I hurt it again.

First of all I trip over my own two feet, then I jump up when I have my leg in a cast.

At least our team won.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:26 am

Monty, you realise now that according to tradition you'll have to do that each time they play so they can win again..... lol

(((( huge hugs )))))

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:00 am

LOL, did that once. Mine was getting into a coughing fit at the right time. It worked!

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:03 am

Big enough fan that if jumping up and putting your both arms up in the air to signal a touchdown helps them win, I will do it.

Just will make sure that I hop on the good leg and maybe not so enthusiastically.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:40 am

(((((((((((((((( Monty ))))))))))))))))

As long as you have that balance thing working, you go for it. :)

Warmie

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:37 pm

When I went to the doctor this afternoon, he said that the bottom of the bone would never heal back together. Just float at the bottom of my leg.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:52 pm

((((((((((((((((((( Monty )))))))))))))))))

Oh dear, sorry hon.

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:09 am

Heya Monty! (((((((((((((((((((((((( Monty )))))))))))))))))))))

You have been going through a lot.... I'm glad you persisted & convinced the doctors to work for your best interests.

Take care... !

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”