Talking sometimes makes it worse

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

Misty

Talking sometimes makes it worse

Postby Misty » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:42 pm

When I first found this site I was kind of relieved to know that there was a place, a refuge, that I could come to. For a while things were ok but something has changed and it's bothering me so much. It seems that I'm not comfortable anymore saying anything about 'me'. It's like the main chat room is full of people that are just there to bullshit mostly. I guess I am venting here now because I'm not sure if I'm getting worse in my mind or the atmosphere of hearing others is getting added into all the thoughts swirling in my mind. It didn't bother me before but now...
That is why I'm not sure if I'm getting worse or what. I'm unemployed with no insurance or state assistance and therefore can't afford a therapist. I'm damn stuck at the moment. This is all I can say now because I'm getting to upset but can anyone understand me!!!!!!

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:39 am

I'm not sure that I could claim to understand anyone else. I'm still working on understanding myself, never mind anyone else! ( Sigh! )
So, this is just a thought. Perhaps you could just see this site as a resource, a range of alternatives, a menu that you can select from as you wish, as you feel is helpful to your own recovery. If you feel more comfortable not talking about yourself for a while, don't worry about it. If you want to talk, people will listen. If, you need to listen rather than talk for a while that's OK too. At the moment I'm still in a place where I find it easier to respond to threads than to start one myself. And, I find the forums easier to be in than the chatrooms. The forums give me time to read the posts and reflect on them, and whether I have anything that I feel I can add to them.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:58 am

((((((((((((((((( Misty ))))))))))))))))))))

We are here to read and give support, just as the chat room does. Just not immediate responses.

There is also a Blog section with this site, if you can to use that as well. The site is just offering different things to help if possible, in any way.

Warmie/Jeanie

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:57 am

((((((((((((((( Misty ))))))))))))))))))

There are lots of wonderful people in this forum as well as in the chatroom. And I am glad that you are here now, sharing your thoughts and your story with us. Talking in here helps a lot too and it helps you to express how you feel.

See this as a way for you to express how you feel, just let it go. We ll be here for you, supporting you and try to help you in any way we can. Please remember that you are not alone and you never alone. Remember, we will fight thi and we will do it together friend.

Lots of love
dandelion

Monty

Postby Monty » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:55 am

Misty,

It was a brave step to post and tell us of your feelings.

I have never been able to do the chatrooms. It is too much stimulation for me. I am the kind of person that finds they have to make sure that they are saying the right thing. I just can't keep up with them.

I find that I do much better with the forum. Need to be able to carefully read the threads before responding.

Hoping that you decide to stay here. If you take a break, be sure to come back.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”