do you really want to die?

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

emily67

do you really want to die?

Postby emily67 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:40 pm

or do you just want the pain to go away.

that's a question someone asked me once- it was worded diffrent though, they asked if i didn't have any mental health issues, do i have it all worked out- do i know what i want to do with my life?

i'm unfortunately at a stage where it's not just a case of " wanting the pain to stop", but more.. i'm done with life- and their's nothing really left for me here

though was their anything to begin with.

that's a good question too

what are your thoughts?

babyjean

Postby babyjean » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:41 pm

I think society is what makes us feel this way. I believe there is so much more to life beyond the 2.5 kids, the house, the 9-5 job.
Its society draining us of purpose.
I push myself through my depression. I push myself to go outside, to run, to do things I know that would make me happy, make me feel accomplished for myself not for everyone else and give me purpose.
It doesn't always work I hit those times when I don't even want to get up, but I know if I do I m doing it for me and putting myself first.
"Do I know what I want to do with my life?"
I ask myself that question every day. But what I always remind myself is Take it one day at a time.

emily67

Postby emily67 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:52 am

babyjean wrote:I think society is what makes us feel this way. I believe there is so much more to life beyond the 2.5 kids, the house, the 9-5 job.
Its society draining us of purpose.
I push myself through my depression. I push myself to go outside, to run, to do things I know that would make me happy, make me feel accomplished for myself not for everyone else and give me purpose.
It doesn't always work I hit those times when I don't even want to get up, but I know if I do I m doing it for me and putting myself first.
"Do I know what I want to do with my life?"
I ask myself that question every day. But what I always remind myself is Take it one day at a time.

i like your positive attidue towards things.

send me some of that motivation..

NickStokes

Postby NickStokes » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:01 am

Depression is constant struggle. You need to be brave and go day by day. All the best!

astylinson22

Postby astylinson22 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:06 pm

Hello Emily,

Yes, I understand what you mean. For the longest time (and sometimes, still do.) my mind tells me that there is nothing left on Earth for me. That nobody would ever want me, I'll never be successful etc. That is EXTREMELY dangerous and can often result in awful actions. My way of coping with that aspect is to exercise, take a nap, study, keep yourself busy doing ANYTHING to keep your mind busy.

Remember that you do have a purpose here and if all else fails, even though I don't know you I would be devastated to know you were no longer here. Hang in there :)

Adelaide xx

astylinson22

Postby astylinson22 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:07 pm

Hello Emily,

Yes, I understand what you mean. For the longest time (and sometimes, still do.) my mind tells me that there is nothing left on Earth for me. That nobody would ever want me, I'll never be successful etc. That is EXTREMELY dangerous and can often result in awful actions. My way of coping with that aspect is to exercise, take a nap, study, keep yourself busy doing ANYTHING to keep your mind busy.

Remember that you do have a purpose here and if all else fails, even though I don't know you I would be devastated to know you were no longer here. Hang in there :)

Adelaide xx

Stressed_Depressed

Postby Stressed_Depressed » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:44 pm

There was not a day for the last three years that I did not think about death. I do not know what keeps me in this world. Maybe it's just my weakness. Fear of the unknown. I am engaged in self-harm for about 10 years. Doctors can not help me with this. Once I cut my hand so deep that I thought I would die. I was hoping for it, but I'm alive. I hope one day I will have the courage to end it all.

Cinderella

Re: do you really want to die?

Postby Cinderella » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:40 pm

emily67 wrote:or do you just want the pain to go away.

that's a question someone asked me once- it was worded diffrent though, they asked if i didn't have any mental health issues, do i have it all worked out- do i know what i want to do with my life?

i'm unfortunately at a stage where it's not just a case of " wanting the pain to stop", but more.. i'm done with life- and their's nothing really left for me here

though was their anything to begin with.

that's a good question too

what are your thoughts?

For some, I think it IS just a matter of wanting the pain to go away. For others, such as myself ((and from what you've written, maybe you too) it's much more than that. I have dealt with depression since childhood. Life has had it's ups and downs and all throughout, I've felt useless, worthless and so tired of life that I just wanted it to be over. Recently, I attempted to end my life. I genuinely felt that no one would care or be remotely effected by my death. As I felt my life draining away, I chose to fight and got help. I'm still hurting but glad to be alive. If you ever feel need a kindred spirit to chat with, just let me know.

nenkohai2

Postby nenkohai2 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:33 am

A few years back when things were really bad for me (a situation of my own doing), it was less about relieving my own pain and more about stopping the pain I was causing people I loved. I felt like THEIR lives would be better without me.

But another part of me knew this to be patently untrue.

We touch people in so many different ways - good, bad, indifferently. I intend to make ALL touches good (now).

I learned something: yes, it IS my life, but it isn't all about me. I resolved to never take my own life. There are days, though... that are challenges.

As I re-read what I've said, it comes off as self-centered, I think. I always lead with my own experiences, since I don't want to assume I know how you feel.

Hope your day is good.

specter

It's both.

Postby specter » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:22 pm

Both.

I want the pain to stop ... and I want to stop living. Basically, I'm at a point where I don't want to exist at all, anywhere, in any way, but I also don't want to feel any pain, in any shape or form. To be absolutely nothing and to feel absolutely nothing, as if I don't exist, is usually what I want. I want these things because I am strongly convinced I cannot have the other things that I want, which are also things that frighten me because I believe that I will be severely harmed, tortured, or abused if I try to obtain them.

*hugs emily67*

Seann

Postby Seann » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:57 pm

Yeah, I don't think it can be that black and white. I want the crushing pain off of my chest, and a day or two of a clear mind, but I don't think that is why I want an exit. I don't even know if I look at it as dying but rather an alternative to not being a let down in every way... That is I look at my life as ending regardless if it is now or 10 years from now, so why put up with all the bullshit first?
idk, life is what it is.
Regardless, I don't wish my outlook on anyone. That's why I'm paying out half my income to pharms and therapists, haha.
Cheers

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”