oh goody

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

sstares

oh goody

Postby sstares » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:07 am

suicidal as a child- unknown reason
lived in a poor town, diagnosed with depression at 15
diagnosed with major depression at 25 after my mother died bad bad bad bad days. Thoughts of suicide
now just not able to connect with anybody on any sort of level other than superficially, kind of hide away in my room
I tend to drink a lot so I can put the day behind me

fallen

Postby fallen » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:18 pm

i'm sorry to hear that about you, about your life.
i wish all the best for you.

Libra 87

Postby Libra 87 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:08 am

Hello. It must be hard having lost your mum.. Death of a loved one isn't easy at all and changes life in so many ways.. But my advice to you is try and push yourself to interact with people. Try and get yourself out and about king things.. Gym or evn running or walking.. Exercise is always good. Please try not to turn to alcohol. It makes you more depressed. I know it's not easy to do this but try Hun.. Iv been through depression and still suffer anxiety spells but iv just started back at te gym and feel a it better. I find I'm better when I'm around people. I'm guessing you lack in confidence and its hard to get back but the more effort you put into life the more you will get back.. You do have purpose to be here you just need to find what your purpose of life is... Think about what you want for your future and how you want to turn out and then set a goal to be that someone :-) keep focused Hun. Feel free to pm me anytime take care xxx

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Ali,

I agree. I've been on meds for 25 years (or more?) now ... I felt a little guilty about the meds initially. I have found that I feel absolutely hopeless without the meds ... but feeling good can still be a battle.

I now view anti-depressants and anti-anxiety pills the same way that a diabetic views insulin. I do my best to minimize my consumption, but I acknowledge that there is a minimal chemical baseline which I must maintain artificially. And so what? That doesn't make me any worse a person than someone on insulin, or nitroglycerin, or antibiotics.

SkaterDrew

Postby SkaterDrew » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:57 pm

just like what they suggested, seeing a professional will help you a lot. how i hope i can help you a lot :(

Return to “Profiles”