They won't go away

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Overthought

They won't go away

Postby Overthought » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:04 am

Hi, my names Jonathan. I need more feedback on this beside myself, which is pretty much the problem.
I've been having a lot of trouble with school for a long time now. Almost every other morning before I have to leave I start to think about things. It usually starts small like "I'm tired, and I don't want to go to school.", but this starts a snowball effect. I keep thinking about how I just want to stay in bed, then keep telling myself to get going, eventually I'm having an argument with myself. I can't summon the will to get up, then I feel pathetic for feeling this way. I start getting angry at myself, while I'm also trying to reassure myself, while I'm also trying to reason with myself. Eventually it feels like every part of my brain is fighting against each other and I can't make it stop no matter how hard I try. Everything I do or think just makes it worse, so all I can do is wait for the thoughts to go away.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi overthought, are you in therapy? It could maybe really help you to learn how to take control of your thoughts so that its not such a battle.

hollyann

Overthought

Postby Overthought » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:27 pm

I've been in therapy for at least 9 years now, with several different counselors and medications. Everybody just tells me to focus on the more positive things.

Lani

Postby Lani » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:24 pm

I think the best thing you could do is see a professional, tell them what you've just said, and they could tell you more about whether or not this might be an illness, or it might just be anxiety. They could possibly put you on a medication to calm you down, or an anti depressant to help with the anxiety, or you might want to have therapy. But if you don't tell anyone, nothing can be done.

Good luck. :)

Overthought

Postby Overthought » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:50 pm

As I said before, I've been in therapy for at least 9 years now, I have officially been diagnost with Anxiety-Depressive Disorder, have seen several different professional counselors and therapists, and have been prescribed with several different medications, mostly antidepressants.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:22 pm

maybe its not so much focusing on the positive things as it is taking control of these thoughts, when you start to tell yourself you dont want to get out of bad, take a moment, and correct the thinking, like saying yes i do want to get out of bed, it may sound stupid, but every time you tell yourself you dont want to, tell yourself yes I do want to do this, i can do it. you might notice a difference.

hollyann

Whiterose1

Postby Whiterose1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:15 pm

Welcome. Hope the forum keeps serving you in a positive way.

Return to “Profiles”