Need help

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

kallen0930

Need help

Postby kallen0930 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:30 pm

I need someone to talk to.
I have been living with a depressed boyfriend for over three years. We recently moved into a new rental home and I thought everything was good. Suddenly, Friday, he flipped. Told me he hated me for two years, that I was 'crazy' and that he wants out. He wants me to move out of the home and lied about things my family and friends said. I don't understand why this sudden change. Why if I am so terrible, he wanted to move in with me in the first place. I just don't know what is happening.

He says my parents have told him I should be 'institutionalized' (not true). Has been spreading lies about me to our mutual friends. The hurtful thing is that they believe him. I feel so alone and confused. How do you go from making plans for the next few years to suddenly hating the person that you are with and wanting to 'get with any girl who is available'? How do you talk so much junk behind someones back and be able to look that person in the face and tell them you love them and are so grateful they are in your life?

Princess Ninja

Re: Need help

Postby Princess Ninja » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:05 pm

Maybe he started to hate you because of depression. You should persuade him to go to a therapist. It doesn't look normal.

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”