Depressed boyfriend wants space but we live together

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Marie29

Depressed boyfriend wants space but we live together

Postby Marie29 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:38 am

So things have been pretty bad, we broke up, tried for a bit and things were better but then got worse again and we have now both agreed I probably need to move out because my boyfriend just wants to be on his own (even though he does still love me). What I would be really grateful for is if anyone who has had these feelings towards their partner can give me any insight as to how he feels and what I can do to help. I think I need to give him the space he needs as much as possible seeing as we live together but otherwise just be loving and not pressuring him. I just need some advice on how to help until I can move out. TIA

Prycejosh1987

Re: Depressed boyfriend wants space but we live together

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:49 am

Marie29 wrote:So things have been pretty bad, we broke up, tried for a bit and things were better but then got worse again and we have now both agreed I probably need to move out because my boyfriend just wants to be on his own (even though he does still love me). What I would be really grateful for is if anyone who has had these feelings towards their partner can give me any insight as to how he feels and what I can do to help. I think I need to give him the space he needs as much as possible seeing as we live together but otherwise just be loving and not pressuring him. I just need some advice on how to help until I can move out. TIA

I suppose even when you love someone you dont want to be around them all the time. I dont know, i would say in most cases that is not accurate. You need to find out what the problem is with the relationship and then take it from there.

likeburied

Re: Depressed boyfriend wants space but we live together

Postby likeburied » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:43 pm

Marie29 wrote:So things have been pretty bad, we broke up, tried for a bit and things were better but then got worse again and we have now both agreed I probably need to move out because mycoreball boyfriend just wants to be on his own (even though he does still love me). What I would be really grateful for is if anyone who has had these feelings towards their partner can give me any insight as to how he feels and what I can do to help. I think I need to give him the space he needs as much as possible seeing as we live together but otherwise just be loving and not pressuring him. I just need some advice on how to help until I can move out. TIA

Hello. I'm a person who likes freedom just like your boyfriend. I think what you need to do now is tell him that you respect his decision and will try to help if he needs it. Give him his own space. Although when together this is quite difficult to do. You can also give him a day to spend time with himself and his friends. Above all, pay attention to his feelings. Hope you two can get through this time.

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”