Help with a loved ones depression

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Nellye20

Help with a loved ones depression

Postby Nellye20 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Hello everyone,
This is my first time here and honestly I’m terrified but also ready to be there for the person that I love. The man that I love has been suffering from depression for almost 2 years now and I have been there through every step of the way and have gone through A LOT with this man (like some painful awful things) I have listened, I have been supportive and I have not rushed him through anything ( and I still do not plan to) I have always wanted him to know that I am here and that I love him. But its been almost 2 years of opening up and then severely pushing me away. At this point I can see the frustration in his friends and even in his family at this point. I REFUSE to give up on him but this is taking a toll on me as well ( I swear I have cried more then I ever thought I could) I feel like were all running in circles and do not really know what else to do. I just want to talk to someone that has overcome the darkest part of their depression…someone that can just talk to me and maybe give me guidance ( I’ll take any guidance trust me but a males perspective would be greatly appreciated) I…I just love him so much and I will not abandon him during his darkest times (even if that’s what he keeps yelling at everyone to do)

MarcRiddick

Re: Help with a loved ones depression

Postby MarcRiddick » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:49 am

Do you have a pet? Like I mean a dog or cat? Animals are the ultimate stress busters. I can understand depression can be very challenging but I would suggest you to own a pet. Well, does he love animals? If yes, then you can definitely gift him a cute surprise . A better thing to do would be to contact a mental health doctor. Emotional support animals is a thing now. So, you can take more help from them.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Help with a loved ones depression

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:47 am

Nellye20 wrote:Hello everyone,
This is my first time here and honestly I’m terrified but also ready to be there for the person that I love. The man that I love has been suffering from depression for almost 2 years now and I have been there through every step of the way and have gone through A LOT with this man (like some painful awful things) I have listened, I have been supportive and I have not rushed him through anything ( and I still do not plan to) I have always wanted him to know that I am here and that I love him. But its been almost 2 years of opening up and then severely pushing me away. At this point I can see the frustration in his friends and even in his family at this point. I REFUSE to give up on him but this is taking a toll on me as well ( I swear I have cried more then I ever thought I could) I feel like were all running in circles and do not really know what else to do. I just want to talk to someone that has overcome the darkest part of their depression…someone that can just talk to me and maybe give me guidance ( I’ll take any guidance trust me but a males perspective would be greatly appreciated) I…I just love him so much and I will not abandon him during his darkest times (even if that’s what he keeps yelling at everyone to do)

Make him feel special and then work from there. You need to make him see sense. He has you. Find out what exactly is the problem and why it makes him depressed and you will find opportunity of solution through that.

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”