Help with a loved ones depression

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Nellye20

Help with a loved ones depression

Postby Nellye20 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Hello everyone,
This is my first time here and honestly I’m terrified but also ready to be there for the person that I love. The man that I love has been suffering from depression for almost 2 years now and I have been there through every step of the way and have gone through A LOT with this man (like some painful awful things) I have listened, I have been supportive and I have not rushed him through anything ( and I still do not plan to) I have always wanted him to know that I am here and that I love him. But its been almost 2 years of opening up and then severely pushing me away. At this point I can see the frustration in his friends and even in his family at this point. I REFUSE to give up on him but this is taking a toll on me as well ( I swear I have cried more then I ever thought I could) I feel like were all running in circles and do not really know what else to do. I just want to talk to someone that has overcome the darkest part of their depression…someone that can just talk to me and maybe give me guidance ( I’ll take any guidance trust me but a males perspective would be greatly appreciated) I…I just love him so much and I will not abandon him during his darkest times (even if that’s what he keeps yelling at everyone to do)

MarcRiddick

Re: Help with a loved ones depression

Postby MarcRiddick » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:49 am

Do you have a pet? Like I mean a dog or cat? Animals are the ultimate stress busters. I can understand depression can be very challenging but I would suggest you to own a pet. Well, does he love animals? If yes, then you can definitely gift him a cute surprise . A better thing to do would be to contact a mental health doctor. Emotional support animals is a thing now. So, you can take more help from them.

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”