New at all this my husband is depressed!

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Billie37

New at all this my husband is depressed!

Postby Billie37 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:01 am

Morn all Im self employed been married 16yrs with 2 boys uptill now we have always been happy and always sorted out any minor problems that come & go until now. so much has happened in last wk to the point I have thought & thought about him & realised he could be depressed! 3wks ago he had met up with some of his mates he hasn't seen 4 sometime & came bk really upset he had told me they had told him he he should b disgusted with himself 4 putting on weight & what has actually happened 2 him? He's left himself go & he's not the same person we know. I tired saying something positive by he u feel like that go 2 the gym? Or it happens 2 us all when we get comfortable in life. Then after a wk also his moods were on & of 1 day he b fine the nxt horrible, until last wk he accused me of cheating. I never have or would at 1st I laughed but he was screaming at me mental I could c in his eyes he wasn't that person. So nxt few days I sobbed & tried reassuring him I want but he wasn't having any of it. His reasons 4 saying I was didn't make sense. I told him I'd do a lie detector test he wasn't having it. I mention about his mates that he's not been right he just laughed & said this has nothing 2 do with them. So on Wednesday another sleepless night as he's not sleeping or eating properly and looks crap. I mentioned 2 him at breakfast that u might b depressed or having a breakdown he agreed & say I could b. he has doc appt on this wed, but in meantime I am trying my best to spend more time with him keep making conversations. I have a good day with him & come nite it starts all bk again he will ask odd questions & call me a liar constantly. I just want my old husband bk! :cry:

MrsMinx

Re: New at all this my husband is depressed!

Postby MrsMinx » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:54 pm

I'm sorry about what you've been going through.
It's good that your husband is going to see a Doctor. This will definitely help. Perhaps the visit with his friends may have been the last straw to some issues he might have already been having.
Continue to support him and pray for him and with him. Also take easy strolls daily as an encouragement but also in order to get the outdoor air which is very important.
It will take time but it's about taking one step at a time and believing God for total healing. God Bless

Prycejosh1987

Re: New at all this my husband is depressed!

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:12 pm

Billie37 wrote:Morn all Im self employed been married 16yrs with 2 boys uptill now we have always been happy and always sorted out any minor problems that come & go until now. so much has happened in last wk to the point I have thought & thought about him & realised he could be depressed! 3wks ago he had met up with some of his mates he hasn't seen 4 sometime & came bk really upset he had told me they had told him he he should b disgusted with himself 4 putting on weight & what has actually happened 2 him? He's left himself go & he's not the same person we know. I tired saying something positive by he u feel like that go 2 the gym? Or it happens 2 us all when we get comfortable in life. Then after a wk also his moods were on & of 1 day he b fine the nxt horrible, until last wk he accused me of cheating. I never have or would at 1st I laughed but he was screaming at me mental I could c in his eyes he wasn't that person. So nxt few days I sobbed & tried reassuring him I want but he wasn't having any of it. His reasons 4 saying I was didn't make sense. I told him I'd do a lie detector test he wasn't having it. I mention about his mates that he's not been right he just laughed & said this has nothing 2 do with them. So on Wednesday another sleepless night as he's not sleeping or eating properly and looks crap. I mentioned 2 him at breakfast that u might b depressed or having a breakdown he agreed & say I could b. he has doc appt on this wed, but in meantime I am trying my best to spend more time with him keep making conversations. I have a good day with him & come nite it starts all bk again he will ask odd questions & call me a liar constantly. I just want my old husband bk! :cry:

You need to talk some sense into him. You are his partner and you care about him. He needs to let go of the comments that were said to him.

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”