A Simple Good Morning makes the day better

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CitM

A Simple Good Morning makes the day better

Postby CitM » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:27 am

Living and working with anxiety, especially anxiety, sleep disorders, overactive guilt glands, depression, etc., can feel like every day is going to be a monstrous chore. This is no different by the way, than for the people who HAVE the mental illness. So everyone in the family has that in common.

What is really important, no matter what you are going through is a really sincere 'Good Morning' to the people in your household, including the loved one suffering from the disorder. It sets the tone of the day. It raises the spirit a bit. It brings a bit of relief and light into one's life.

Saying 'Good Morning' is so important because no matter what happens in the rest of the day, there was still a Good Morning said and received.

Bellahampshire

Re: A Simple Good Morning makes the day better

Postby Bellahampshire » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi there :D

So I have just been looking online at forums to speak to others with depression and I came across this one. I've never joined anything like this before or have I ever spoke about my condition.

Your post about a simple good morning was the first one I came across , and how true and lovely that is.
People nowadays forget the importance of a simple thing like a good morning have a great day don't they :cry:
Just wanted to let you know that I think that's a great point to make and it made me smile

All the best

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Yes I agree that a simple good morning can make all the difference to someone.

I know I don't usually say it but when someone says it to me and I feel stressed or something it really does help with my mental health to know someone cares.

I think society has lost that. It would be good to just say good morning to someone who we see. That would be good.

Your story will help so many people on here.

Waterlily

Postby Waterlily » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:47 pm

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening. I suffer with anxiety and depression too. It's awful but, we really need to keep fighting. :roll:

Waterlily

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:26 pm

CitM wrote:Living and working with anxiety, especially anxiety, sleep disorders, overactive guilt glands, depression, etc., can feel like every day is going to be a monstrous chore. This is no different by the way, than for the people who HAVE the mental illness. So everyone in the family has that in common.

What is really important, no matter what you are going through is a really sincere 'Good Morning' to the people in your household, including the loved one suffering from the disorder. It sets the tone of the day. It raises the spirit a bit. It brings a bit of relief and light into one's life.

Saying 'Good Morning' is so important because no matter what happens in the rest of the day, there was still a Good Morning said and received.

Good morning is good. But communication throughout the day is important too.

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”