Relatively New...

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

DLO

Relatively New...

Postby DLO » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:11 am

Hi, I am somewhat new here, but I honestly have dealt with depression for as long as I can remember. I'm 36, and was clinically diagnosed with severe depression, anxiety, and OCD, in January. It took me an immense amount of time to build up the courage to get professional help. I am finding now after 3 months of intense testing and treatments that they are not holding up. CBT, DBT, Psychotherapy, and several medications lasted for a short time, but no matter how strong I stay on the course, the progress has significantly withered away. I come here to Depression Understood to find ideas and people who understand what is like to battle this intensity on a daily basis. I am married with no children, so many people around me feel that I have it made in life. But, without real support from my wife, and some sense of compassion from my family, life is becoming even more desolate. I am truly at a loss and don't know what to do anymore... Thank you to whomever reads this. David

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:00 am

Hi David, welcome. You'll find a lot of understanding and support here. I'm sorry you dont have a support system in real life that can be tough.Im sorry the other things you've tried dont seem to be working.

Holly

DLO

Thank you...

Postby DLO » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Holly, many thanks for taking the time to respond. Still digging and fighting to get better.

Return to “New Member Introductions”