I need a hand, please?

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Belle081

I need a hand, please?

Postby Belle081 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:50 pm

Hi, my name is Chelsea, I'm sixteen years old. I live in a 4-bed house with two cousins and four other siblings. I have a terrible anxiety over contact with people -- to be honest, I'm scared of them -- so I have absolutely no friends. I've never gone to public school and don't associate with any neighbourhood kids, so I'm basically a loner. That's fine with me though, because I'm not nervous when I'm alone.
I'm hoping to find people who understand and want to be friends on this site. I think it will be easier to know that someone's there to talk to about anything without the fear of being judged or criticized. Maybe I might even find someone who won't be afraid to analyze me if I ask, and give it to me straight about what's wrong with me.
I'm at the end of my line. I keep telling myself that giving up will be easier. But somehow I know that I just might already have.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:28 am

Welcome to the forums Belle. There are a lot of really good people here ready to listen and help if they can.

keluca

Postby keluca » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi Chelsea
Welcome to the forum we are a friendly bunch here and many people have been or are going through a very similar things to you.
I too have a fear of people and it can make it a very lonely place,
Hope you feel able to post around, theres plenty of support here

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:53 pm

((( chelsea )))

((( keluca )))

((( ))) <--- hugs. :)

Belle081

thanks

Postby Belle081 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:47 am

Thank you so much everyone

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi Chelsea, nice to meet you and welcome to the forums. You'll find a lot of people here who understands. This forum and the chat room are great places to know you arent alone. You said in your post so that maybe someone could analyze you and tell you what is wrong here. Please know that this is peer to peer support only. There are no professionals here and only a doctor could tell you what is wrong. This isn't meant to be in the place of getting professional help. Welcome here and look forward to seeing you around.

Holly

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi (((( Chelsea )))), welcome to the forums! :)
Please don't give up!!!! I can understand how you feel, at least up to a point, ( Although, to some extent my situation is different to yours. I find that my depression is very often at it's worst when I'm alone, and feeling particularly isolated, disconnected and vulnerable. :cry: ) I have to admit that people do frighten and disappoint me sometimes. However, there ARE a lot of good people out there, and on this site! As a friend of mine said to me at work today: " There are angels in this world. "

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:26 pm

See belle, i told you there are some nice people here.

((( holly )))

((( tracking )))

((( belle )))

Return to “New Member Introductions”