Hello

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

zap123

Hello

Postby zap123 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi all,

I just joined this site yesterday and thought I should introduce myself. I'm a 45 year old single father of two almost adult daughters. I live in Minnesota, USA and work as an electrician. I am just so tired of feeling alone. I was reading a post by oneway and my feelings couldn't have been expressed better if those words were extracted from my own head.

oneways post:
"It’s been frustrating me lately that I’m aware of the things that will help ease my pain, but physically, I still can’t bring myself to do any of it. It’s like being trapped in a glass box. I can see the key—just out of reach—but I’m still stuck, and I’m constantly reminded that this box is locked.

I can’t force myself to smile, or talk to anyone really, outside of work. I’ve isolated myself from my family and the few friends that I have. My interactions at work have become cold and impersonal in the guise of professionalism, as I try to hide my illness. It makes me feel hollow inside, and still, I worry that people can see right through me. At the same time, it feels like work is all I have. I go home, and feel empty again."

"I try to read, but lose focus. I don’t trust people and all my relationships seem to have fallen apart. I can’t find any simple pleasures. I'm way too hard on myself and won't accept credit for any accomplishments. Lately, all of this has filled me with anger, jealousy, resentment, anxiety and desperation.

It seems I’ve lost that meaning, that reason to endure the suffering. I’m not sure where to even look for it anymore. These clouds have been lingering for a long time now. I need some sunshine."

Thanks for listening,
Tim

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi Tim welcome to the forum. Its nice to meet you. You'll find a lot of people can relate to you here. Just know it does get easier and you are not alone.

Holly

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi! Welcome to our family!

Jeanne

Postby Jeanne » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Hi Tim. welcome to the site. Please continue to read and post. You will find there are a lot of others just like you. When you are with us, you are no longer alone. Have you tried the chat room yet?

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Yes, there are a lot of really nice and supportive people here!

Return to “New Member Introductions”