Hi...

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

ahelmic6

Hi...

Postby ahelmic6 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Like most people on here, I have no idea what to put in this first post. So I guess the next best thing to do is just jump right in?

I'm 20 years old, and I am currently a student at a University. I'll be starting my third year in the fall, but I have a summer course that starts tomorrow.

I used to think that everything was fine. I seemed happy, I thought I had a lot of friends. But now I just feel...alone. It was probably during my Freshmen year that I noticed something was wrong, and lately, it just seems like things have gotten much worse.

I haven't gone to see a doctor, for a few reasons. I don't want to take medication. I really try to handle things on my own. Plus, my mom probably wouldn't be the most understanding. It's hard enough getting her to take me to the doctor when something is physically wrong, let alone telling her I think I'm depressed.

But I have tried talking to someone - a friend of mine, who is a youth counselor. However, since he is a friend, I just don't feel comfortable telling him everything. That's why I've turned to the internet - for the anonymity.

keluca

Postby keluca » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi
Welcome to the forum :)

Does the uni have a counsellor that you can talk with?

People hear are here to listen and give some support, we are a friendly bunch :)

ahelmic6

Postby ahelmic6 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Thanks!

I actually didn't know if the University did or not, so I did some research and found that they do indeed have counselors for students to talk to. It looks like you can just walk in and talk to someone. I'll try and get there this week.

Thanks for suggesting that, I honestly never would have thought to search for any on-campus help.

keluca

Postby keluca » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:44 pm

I hope you manage to get in there :) and get some help that you deserve

hugs

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:07 pm

There's also a chat room here on this site you can come into. Very nice people always wanting to listen and help if they can.

Return to “New Member Introductions”