Obviously im new :)

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Rav

Obviously im new :)

Postby Rav » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Im 24 years old, I was supposed to have been married this summer, but the girl left me, but im better off without her, now I can take an education. Atleast thats what I tell myself but I regulary have dreams about her where im with her again. She also had an child that I saw as my own. But thats not why im here. I always had an tendency to depression, even though I really have no reason for it, I have great friends, and an generally good life. But I guess depression doesnt have to make sense?

I think my biggest problem was to admit that I am depressed, I feel like I shouldnt be, and that theres something wrong with me for being depressed.. Its hard to explain how I feel, but I guess the basic is that I just dont understand why I am depressed and the next guy isn't.. I always had an hard time talking with new people, but always had an core group of friends that I love very much.

When I drink I become an entirely different person, I talk with people, make jokes, and people seem to like me when im affected of alcohol. Its also when im affected by alcohol that I tend to meet most of the people I meet. I know drinking is bad and all, but its not an addiction.. yet atleast, I only drink once every week or every 2. week.

I seem to just ramble, I guess what im trying to figure out is why im feeling as I do.. Becouse im tired of it.. Atleast im tired of just ignoring it

Jeanne

Postby Jeanne » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi Rav, Welcome! Depression doesn't make sense. We can have it all and still feel empty inside. Lots of good company here. Glad you're here.l

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:56 pm

(((((((((((( Rav )))))))

Welcome to the forums. Hope you will find the support that people give so freely is true.

Nothing wrong with you, depression just happens, like so many other things. That is what is so hard to understand about it all. It hits all ages, at different times in our lives, it just is.

Believe in your doctor, talk with him. Share here as well. A group of caring people, that deal with much the same as you.

Warmie

keluca

Postby keluca » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:51 am

Hi welcome to the forum

Depression is such a hard thing to handle but with the support and understanding here it can a little easier as all the people have gone through/going through it and can share ideas on how to cope with things.

Hope to see you around.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:22 am

Jeanie is right. Sometimes depression just is. It doesn't always need a reason. But there are many good people here who honestly care and wish to help.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:40 am

(((((((((((( Rav )))))))

Echo what (((((((((((( keluca and Obayan )))))))))))))) typed. Well not sure that I am right, but do listen to these two chatters, they are great!

Warmie

Return to “New Member Introductions”