Hi All

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

keluca

Hi All

Postby keluca » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi
Not really what to say, I am 36, married and have 3 kids.

Way too much has happened and this year seems to be gong from bad to worse. I have spoken to my GP about how I feel and she doesn't know which way to turn now, she is the only GP I trust though. Tried quite a few therapies but to no avail (and some haven't the time or patience for me to be able to feel ok enough to trust them and open up).
I have tried herbal things and do relaxation

I am so alone, through my own fault but I really cannot make myself want friends (real life ones) as I have been hurt so many times and I haven't any more room for any more hurt.

Anyway sorry about waffling
hope to chat with you al and get to know you

SauliK

Postby SauliK » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:32 am

Hello and welcome Keluca

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to find a suitable therapist for yourself :( . I'm glad you can trust the GP but even they have qualifications only so far. I'm seeing a psychologist, not really a therapist, but sometimes she doesn't seem to be helpful at all.

It's good to open up in a forum like this though. I hope you will find the will to have new friends.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:56 am

Hello there & welcome....! ~waves~

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Keluca,

Welcome.

Am glad that I read your post. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

I had a terrible problem when I first started therapy, oh so many years ago. I wouldn't talk. My first therapist told me that if I didn't start talking that she would not see me anymore. Needless to say, that relationship didn't last long.

I imagine that since everyone's depression is different that the best way to approach getting help, is different. I was fortunate enough to find a depression group, that met once a week for a couple of hours that I was able to go to. It helped me a lot. They were a great group of women.

I don't know if they have any depression support groups, or even if you would be interested in one, in your area. Just a suggestion if you need to have the personal contact.

Speaking, or being on-line in this group, with other that are in the same situation has been of great help for me.

This group is fantastic. You can tell by the numbers that people are reading your posts and replying when they can.

Again, look forward to learning more about you and getting to know us.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums. This place is a great help. I'm sorry you haven't found a therapist to help you. sometimes it takes trying several until you find the right one. With me I'm more comfortable with guy therapists than I am a girl therapist. GPs are good and its good that you can trust this one. However I've found that they aren't as knowledgeable on things for depression or other related illnesses as a psych might be. Hang in there though and don't give up. Finding this place was a good step. And some people will work with you as you allow the trust to build up.

hollyann

Mich

Postby Mich » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:42 am

Keluca - welcome to the forum. There are so many kind and caring people here and you will find much support.

Return to “New Member Introductions”