Old, abandoned and sad

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Yankeefan4444

Old, abandoned and sad

Postby Yankeefan4444 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:27 pm

So yep, I'm 60 years old. About 5 months ago, my new wife who I loved more than my own life, left me. I lost my job about 6 weeks ago and if there is something nobody wants, it's a 60 year old in an IT field. Everyone wants 25 year olds. I have 2 daughters, neither ever calls or even texts unless they want something, usually cash. I have "friends" that I have known for well over 50 years and know all the shitty stuff going on in my life. In the past 6 months, how many texts or calls asking how I was doing? Zero. Not even a text. If I collapsed onto the floor with a stroke tonight, I would literally lie there for weeks before anyone would even wonder about me. Even my church Sunday School class I went to with my wife knows about my life. Zero calls/texts.

Something has to be wrong with me. Right now, every single person I know is running in the opposite direction away from me.

I was watching a Youtube video a couple of days ago. Kids running to their military fathers when the fathers came home after a long absence. I love those videos! And I thought "that must be the best feeling in the world, to have someone run to you." If someone was running to me now, I'd assume it was to clobber me on the head with a pipe.

My life. How in the world did I get so useless and unloveable so fast?

CatFriender

Re: Old, abandoned and sad

Postby CatFriender » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:32 pm

That sounds unfair and really sad. I'm sorry. Not much I can offer but acknowledgement. So, hello!

Jumb3840

Postby Jumb3840 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:55 pm

I ask myself that every day. I know I have people that love me, I’m just not real high on their priority list. I’m 57 and female. I don’t know what to do with the loneliness either. We just have to fight like crazy not to let it get the best of us. I’m around people all day and a husband but I cry every night from the loneliness. You are not alone.

SandyK13

Postby SandyK13 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:48 pm

Hello,
I am so sorry you are going through all of this. My name is Sandy. :)

canadianguest

Postby canadianguest » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:20 pm

I feel for you. I am 65 and feel pretty lonely at times. No real close friends i can talk to about things do what your saying really hits home for me.

Robert_Franq

Postby Robert_Franq » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:47 pm

Sorry, that sounds really unfair. But the world is like that. People all over you only when they need something.
Try to find your own way, some hobbies/interests that don't involve other people.
Maybe join a volunteer group? An old retired colleague of mine joined a cat rescue group after his retirement. He was in the same situation as you. How are you financially - have some money to travel? There's many things you can keep yourself occupied with if you learn to enjoy the peace of your own company.

Return to “New Member Introductions”