One more for the pile

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

FeelsLikeNoOnesHome

One more for the pile

Postby FeelsLikeNoOnesHome » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:12 pm

First posts are always kind of awkward, aren't they? Maybe, despite being online and facing a screen, introductions are always going to be a little weird. Unless I'm the only one who feels that way.

Anyway, hi. The last time I tried something like this was years ago and I guess I'm trying again because somehow I feel like things are coming to a head. I'm in my early thirties and I'm pretty sure I've had depression and anxiety since I was 12-14, but I can't be sure: My parents never believed me when I tried to talk to them and I'm pretty sure they don't believe me now, so I was never officially diagnosed. Hopefully you don't need an official diagnosis to be part of this forum or I guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

I'll spare you the drawn-out details - I'll probably make that post in a more appropriate part of the boards - and just say that out of everything else, sometimes the worst part is not having anyone to talk to. I've become extremely isolated over the years and literally the only people I know (besides neighbors in a 'wave hi if you see them' way) are immediate family members, who... aren't the best about this kind of thing. I guess I'm just hoping to find some people to talk to, or at least a place to vent through text even if no-one else is reading my posts.

So, hi. Hope things are going well for anyone who reads this, or at least as well as things can be.

Man--Argentina

Re: One more for the pile

Postby Man--Argentina » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:06 pm

Hi there, good luck on this. The forum isnt very crowded, or at least posts doesnt get many replies in general, so dont get dessapointed if not much people reply you, is very common.
Take care and good luck.

Return to “New Member Introductions”