Heyo, trying to both help and be helped

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Stolleyco

Heyo, trying to both help and be helped

Postby Stolleyco » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:33 am

I both have depression and try to help people with their depression. You'd probably ask "well how does that work? If you try to help other people surely you wouldn't have a problem". I have rapid cycling bipolar, that's what causes my depression, and I help(or try to) with other causes, mainly self-esteem and loneliness. I'm looking to meet people with bipolar to find ways of coping with it (I'm relatively new to the disorder, it's only been 2-3 months), and I want to become better at helping people, so I'm always open to PMs by anyone wanting help with their depression. I'll certainly try to be of some aid.

I don't feel as if I've said enough. My name is Conner, but please refer to me as Arthur. I'm posting this at 12:30 am my time, so please don't message me as soon as I post this expecting a reply. I'm usually only available from 2 PM to 7 AM UTC

Prycejosh1987

Re: Heyo, trying to both help and be helped

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:00 am

Stolleyco wrote:I both have depression and try to help people with their depression. You'd probably ask "well how does that work? If you try to help other people surely you wouldn't have a problem". I have rapid cycling bipolar, that's what causes my depression, and I help(or try to) with other causes, mainly self-esteem and loneliness. I'm looking to meet people with bipolar to find ways of coping with it (I'm relatively new to the disorder, it's only been 2-3 months), and I want to become better at helping people, so I'm always open to PMs by anyone wanting help with their depression. I'll certainly try to be of some aid.

I don't feel as if I've said enough. My name is Conner, but please refer to me as Arthur. I'm posting this at 12:30 am my time, so please don't message me as soon as I post this expecting a reply. I'm usually only available from 2 PM to 7 AM UTC

Nice Arthur, I do believe you need to be able to give some useful tips that are effective in helping people overcome their depression. Its hard to say if you can do that if you dont know what is effective but good luck, i hope you find answers yourself and inspire others.

Return to “New Member Introductions”