Black hole

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

beyondrepair

Black hole

Postby beyondrepair » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:46 pm

Does anyone ever feel there is a black whole waiting to swallow you? I'm not crazy, just empty. I have nothing in me. I put on an excellent show, but am so, so tired of pretending. Why do I seem to be missing joy and peace.

Toto

Re: Black hole

Postby Toto » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:37 am

Hi BH,

First of all, sorry you are not feeling well. You may want to go talk to a professional person or go to an emergency room if you are having thoughts of hurting yourself.

Secondly, I am NOT a doctor or a trained professional. My suggestions below are JUST suggestions. I have dealt with Gen Axiety and Depression for more than 15 years. I have learned a lot in that time. And I feel the journey is not over.

I sought out a support group here in Los Angeles, CA. It helped to know I wasn't alone on my journey. I can say 1 phrase and everyone in the room knows EXACTLY what I mean. Finally, the advice I get from the group members comes from experience and it can help with doing what may work and discarding what really doesn't. I actually stopped going to my counselor as I got better advice from the group.

Knowledge is power in any situation. Get informed on medication, on how sleep, diet and exercise affects your moods, on other people that may have started out where you're at and how they manage. Read books by Dr. Wayne Dyer, Eckhart Tollē and Don Miguel Ruiz.

Most importantly, learn the language of love. Loving yourself in particular. By far, that will start to fill you with joy and harmony. Moods come and go. When you are in harmony, moods become part of the landscape, like clouds over a valley full of life!

You are not alone.

Toto

Sadinatura

Postby Sadinatura » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:26 am

I know what you mean by hiding your craziness I am an expert at it. If you ever want to talk I am here. I can imagine what you're going through. You are not alone. Know you are loved.
-Inatura

beyondrepair

Postby beyondrepair » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:23 pm

I will try. I have been on so many diff meds. Now I am on 4 diff ones to get through they day. All I want to do is sleep. This is not setting a good example for my kids. I saw my mom go through this and swore it would not happen to me....I was wrong. This is so exhausting!

littlestarsmum

Postby littlestarsmum » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:05 pm

I’m sorry to hear about your struggles, friend. Wish I could give you a hug. I know it’s not easy to go through depression. Are you seeing a counselor? A caring professional might be able to give you some solid guidance. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will provide the comfort, strength, and help you need at this time. Stay strong. Hugs!

Kambaxia

Black hole

Postby Kambaxia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:20 pm

GG, I hope your psychiatrist has a med to counter your feelings of desperation. You may have to back off the pain med to the old level and put up with the pain that remains. I am sorry you are in this situation and hope your psychiatrist can help soon with the feelings of depression.

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:58 pm

Yes, it does indeed feel like a black hole, doesn’t it? Although, in my situation, I had already been swallowed by a deep, black hole that was so deep and dark that I thought was impossible to get out of it, let alone know what it was like to not even be in a black hole. I did not even know what it was like to experience the common human emotions of sadness, grief, joy or peace. Everyday was just complete emptiness, darkness and utter despair.

I tried a variety of things to get myself out of it, none of which worked. But I kept tweaking until I found my recipe that protects me from falling into the hole again. And if I do fall in again, I know exactly how to pull myself out of it.

You just need to find what works for you. Keep your heart and your mind open to trying out new things. If you do this, then you will find your joy and peace.

Have faith—you will be okay, friend.

I will keep a warm place for you in my thoughts and prayers.

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:05 pm

beyondrepair wrote:Does anyone ever feel there is a black whole waiting to swallow you? I'm not crazy, just empty. I have nothing in me. I put on an excellent show, but am so, so tired of pretending. Why do I seem to be missing joy and peace.

Your missing joy and peace, because you are unsatisfied with the direction of your life. You can only give these things completely if you seek spiritual help.

Return to “New Member Introductions”