can someone talk to me?

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

revolsagus

can someone talk to me?

Postby revolsagus » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:45 pm

hello, i'm new here and english is not my first language so there might be some misunderstanding but yeh..
it's 01:21 where i live but i'm having a hard time sleeping and somehow i found this forum. i have never used or be in a forum before so this is a little difficult for me.
recently i've been feeling so lonely. i normally enjoy being alone, but now i feel lonely, like nobody cares or listens to me no matter how hard i try to tell them. i know that i'm having some mental problems, and i want to get rid of it. i have dreams to achieve and me at my not-so-great condition is not helping at all.
mental health in my country is not the first prior or whatsoever; therefore, i can't really tell anyone else about my problem.
well i have so many thoughts and things i want to write down, but now when i'm actually writing, i can't write them all out. this is so frustrating.
i just want to be happy again, have energy and motivation so that i can live again.
what do i do to be ok again?

Jtw

Re: can someone talk to me?

Postby Jtw » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:51 pm

Welcome to the forum. Being alone can suck all the life out of you. You feel like there's no point doing anything if there nobody to share your achievements with. But follow those dreams and keep trying, it does get better. Keep pushing on, if you give in, it will get worse but if you fight forwards, you can get past this. Good luck!

j2415

Postby j2415 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi- I’m very sorry you feel sad and alone.
Welcome to the forum! I hope you will feel comfortable opening up yourself in this group and you will be encouraged.

Have you tried talking to a professional counselor?, or you can talk with your local Pastor, he can be give you some advice that can help you to feel alright. You can also try to join a support group that you can meet in person, it will help you to feel less lonely. I pray for peace and strength you need to keep you going. Take care and please keep us posted. God bless.

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:15 pm

I totally hear you. I found it exceedingly frustrating in my own life. I was highly ambitious and had dreams that I wanted to make a reality. I had all the qualities and drive to fulfill my ambitions. But, at the time, I could not reach my full potential because I was struggling too much with depression and anxiety. The side-effects of this was devastating. It only reinforced my long-standing view of myself at the time of a useless, worthless, pathetic excuse of a human being. Then this trapped me further into depression lol.

Mind you, I don't blame the depression and anxiety for not achieving my dreams at the time. It was just how it was. In some ways, depression was a blessing in disguise because it was telling me that I was more important than my ambitions of that time. It was telling me that I needed to first work on myself.

My upbringing was not healthy. So what was more important was for me to work on myself, heal from my past, and correct my parents mistakes by raising myself, so to speak.

By utilizing depression and anxiety, I could use it to work on myself. Depression was just telling me that I urgently needed to heal myself and correct long-standing issues in my life that I neglected. I spent many years tuning into depression, understanding it in my own life and what it was trying to tell me. I also spent years trying to get rid of it with no success. It wasn't until I learnt to accept it and welcome it into my life, rather than to get rid of it, that I was finally in control of the situation... and my life. I was no longer debilitated by depression and anxiety.

If you want to be happy, then you need to define what happiness means to you. Many of us don't really know what will make us happy. At least speaking for myself, the things that I thought would make me happy actually won't. So my ambitions were focused on all the wrong things in life. At the time, I was angry for having depression because I thought it was blocking my path to fulfilling my ambitions. It turns out that it was redirecting me to a better life once I began to harvest its energy.

So have a go. Work on yourself for a while. Use this time to focus on yourself. What areas in your life need work? By working on yourself, you will be better able to fulfill your ambitions. Or, you may end up finding a new path that you never even thought of before.

I also just want to say... once you get through this--and you will--you will see yourself and the world with fresh eyes. It is liberating. It's an amazing feeling. So seriously use this time to have clarity in your life. Define exactly what it is that you want. Work on weaker areas of your life. Enjoy the journey!

cheese_cake210

Postby cheese_cake210 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:40 am

My advice is that you may want to do sonething you want to do, I mean, the thing that you always want to do. Focus on it, do the best you can and do not care about everything else. I also have the same problem with you and now when I try to focus on my work and my study, it’s getting better. Imagine that feeling is a person trying to stop you moving forward, if you are affected by that one, you cannot move on. However, if you ignore it and continue your journey, you will see success in the end of the road.

needs_a_friend

Postby needs_a_friend » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:09 pm

[color=#400080][/color]i feel the exact same way i mean whenever i want to tell someone my problems over text there is too much to say so basically my parents divorced when i was little and at first we lived close but in a different house but four years later my mum moved out and took me and my two sisters with her we moved two hours away from my dad and i barely see him but about a year ago ( caused by my expected depression ) i have had no motivation to see him and the guilt of that drives me crazy so much that i have started smoking but i was a sick child and has athsma that went away however i now have lung problems all because of me and me alone whenever i wanted to tell my bestfriend she would try to relate but she could never understand this made me feel so alone

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:28 am

revolsagus wrote:hello, i'm new here and english is not my first language so there might be some misunderstanding but yeh..
it's 01:21 where i live but i'm having a hard time sleeping and somehow i found this forum. i have never used or be in a forum before so this is a little difficult for me.
recently i've been feeling so lonely. i normally enjoy being alone, but now i feel lonely, like nobody cares or listens to me no matter how hard i try to tell them. i know that i'm having some mental problems, and i want to get rid of it. i have dreams to achieve and me at my not-so-great condition is not helping at all.
mental health in my country is not the first prior or whatsoever; therefore, i can't really tell anyone else about my problem.
well i have so many thoughts and things i want to write down, but now when i'm actually writing, i can't write them all out. this is so frustrating.
i just want to be happy again, have energy and motivation so that i can live again.
what do i do to be ok again?

If you want to be OK then make mental health your first priority. Tell someone like a pastor or and your doctor about your mental health. If your mentally healthy you will accomplish alot in life with less restriction.

Return to “New Member Introductions”