Having a mental breakdown

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

VS96

Having a mental breakdown

Postby VS96 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:11 pm

Hello guys, i am a 22 year old male from India and i just joined this website today. So, for me last year was a pretty bad year as i couldn't complete my degree in the time frame of 4 years and the result of that was my parents being very disappointed in me and to add to that i under-performed in university entrance exams for higher studies and i had broke up with my girlfriend too, who also happened to be my best friend, we still are best friends but i still know that we will never be the same, although she did show concern when i told her that i might be suffering from depression and to add to that my friend circle was never really big and now here i am thousands of miles away from my family literally all alone. i don't have any friends, i don't receive any text for days until unless i am the one who started the conversation, but that also dies off very quickly. Sometimes i just feel like that it'd be nice to have someone caring about you or to even check on me once in a while. This is all very new for me, since i have never been this alone my entire life. One of my best friends moved to the states, so we aren't in much contact and with the second one, as i wrote above we aren't in great terms. I feel very helpless. I really cant figure anything out. My sleep cycle is messed up, as i cant sleep till at least 2 AM and then end up waking up really early. I sometimes end up overthinking about several things. It'll be nice if someone can give some tips. Thanks in advance :)

laurenipsum

Re: Having a mental breakdown

Postby laurenipsum » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi there. I'm pretty much new to this board. I understand feeling all alone and wondering why nobody even texts you. I lost a lot of friends over the past few years, and I feel very alone. I feel like nobody sees me or thinks about me.

I couldn't quite tell from your post; are you not in India? You are going to university in a different country?

froggymom

Re: Having a mental breakdown

Postby froggymom » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:23 pm

I'm sorry you find yourself in this difficult place in life. I think most have been there at some time in our life, and so we can empathize. Try not to solve all the issues at once. Most times these things can be worked out, but we feel overwhelmed trying to figure everything out at once. It usually takes time. Try to focus on one thing at a time. Maybe work on the school situation first and decide what you need to do to get back in school and succeed this time. Talk to your parents and let them know that you want to do better and show them that you are serious about succeeding. Keep in contact with them often. It doesn't matter if you initiate the contact. You might join some clubs or other groups to reach out and make new friends.Tell yourself positive statements and get going making the changes. We all have failures in life. The important thing is that we learn from them, and then get up and do better in the future. Hang in there. I know you can make things better if you put your mind to it.

Return to “New Member Introductions”