Hi I'm new!

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

bugzee

Hi I'm new!

Postby bugzee » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:40 am

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the boards but unfortunately, not new to depression and anxiety. I was diagnosed many years ago and tried different meds, therapy etc...Ive kind of gone from doing well to doing really terrible. The past few years have been a struggle with having more days feeling like I would be just fine never waking up again.I went back and saw a psych doctor and we just changed my meds from prozac to cymbalta. Its just been a little over a week and I think I might be doing a bit better. I belonged to a depression board many years ago and found it extremely helpful so I was pleased to find this one as I feel I need support again.
I want to feel like my life is worth living again and that I have a purpose. I want to get off of my couch or out of my bed and start living again.
Thanks for listening.

Wandering2496

Re: Hi I'm new!

Postby Wandering2496 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:22 am

Welcome to the forum! I hope that you feel right at home!

DiegoArgentina92

Postby DiegoArgentina92 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:47 pm

Hi, dont expect much of this forum, isnt very crowed, if you at some point feel like need to talk with someone im always for chat, just message me.

bugzee

Postby bugzee » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Wandering2496 wrote:Welcome to the forum! I hope that you feel right at home!

Thank you :D

bugzee

Postby bugzee » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:56 pm

DiegoArgentina92 wrote:Hi, dont expect much of this forum, isnt very crowed, if you at some point feel like need to talk with someone im always for chat, just message me.

Thanks so much...yeah, I'm beginning to see theres not a lot of action. Do you know of any other forums? Thanks again.

Gomezcat

Postby Gomezcat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi Bugze, I'm new too.
I have a sort of "low grade" depression and have managed to get through life thus far w/o meds (they scare me), but when something extra stressful happens it's like I'm falling into a pit and can't climb out. I can't seem to overcome the shame I feel and talk to anyone about it, and I don't have any friends. I am hoping the anonymity of this place and the understanding of people going through similar things will help me in being able to "talk" about it.

DiegoArgentina92

Postby DiegoArgentina92 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:25 pm

bugzee wrote:
DiegoArgentina92 wrote:Hi, dont expect much of this forum, isnt very crowed, if you at some point feel like need to talk with someone im always for chat, just message me.

Thanks so much...yeah, I'm beginning to see theres not a lot of action. Do you know of any other forums? Thanks again.

I think theres good movement in this: www.psychforums.com , but im not sure cause is the one I less check, ive joined to other forums, like 3 or 4, and its kinda like this one, well, maybe not that bad, but i feel some forums like just a bunch of messages that maybe some going to read, and less, some going to reply, and thats it.

j2415

Postby j2415 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:25 am

Hi- welcome to the forum!

I have a friend who was depressed for many months, she told me that getting up in the morning is truly a struggle. The whole day, if she can only lie on the bed and not go to work, she would do it. I'm happy to hear that you are doing your part to get better. Support group has been a big help for my friend's healing. Try to join a group that you can meet regularly in person, it will help you not feel isolated and you will feel less lonely. Try also to volunteer some of your time, by helping others you will know that you have a purpose and you can make difference in people's lives. Do things that you will enjoy.

I pray that you will keep going knowing that this season is not forever and you will get better. Thank you for sharing and please update us.

Ardaziko

Re: Hi I'm New too

Postby Ardaziko » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi i feel the Same. I take exams this year and i Cant deal With it. I am very nervous and i dont believe in myself. I am struggling With my parents And my teacher.

Return to “New Member Introductions”