Questions about Forfivo VS Wellbutrin

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Koiotic

Questions about Forfivo VS Wellbutrin

Postby Koiotic » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:30 am

New here....and looking for some common sense advice - Thank You...

I began Wellbutrin I believe SR - 75'sx2 in 2012 - Titrated up over a couple months - I wasn't necessarily 'depressed' - but I have a very rare disease and receive infusions 3x a week - plus have chronic pain - and my Dr. thought this may help w/some of the 'burden' of dealing w/so much - as I also work full time and live a very busy life - Fast forward - it really helped ALOT - I was doing a program as well - but lost 50+ pounds - had been working out and doing marathons/triathlons - but really took off on these and began competing in powerlifting - actually won a triathlon - not just my age group - at 41...

I had quite a few 'side effects' from the generic - and felt it was not working as well so Dr. switched me to the Forfivo a couple years later as he said it was the only one that had actual 'trials' at that amount. (compared to just taking 3 doses of a generic 150) My side effects went away - the worst one being ringing in the ears...WHICH WAS REALLY BAD - had to have something playing at all times in background to drown it out.

After a while though - it seemed like maybe it was not working as well - (always seems to be around March to May) so he actually lowered my dose to 300 as he said sometimes less is more w/Wellbutrin - It was a 300xl I believe - generic. I did not notice any side effects though - This was May of 2015 - In September I was in a motorcycle accident - broke my neck - and massive concussion - in collar for 8 weeks and unable to workout much. But was doing better - felt OK - considering...

January 2016 I stopped taking the Wellbutrin as it seemed it was no longer working at all...and at the same time had been on a protocol to go off thyroid (been on 10 years and they had stopped working as well...the dosing I was on was insanely high and still had low thyroid) My thyroid actually leveled out - and I felt amazing for about 3 months...LIKE AMAZING! Was doing so well - had the 'Felt like the fog had been lifted' experience I hear people talk about -

Fast forward to May - and I can barely get out of bed. I stopped all relations w/friends - besides husband - - have had to try and explain to my friends I am not mad at them I just can barely function - I work full time - and that is all I can handle - I use to work out 1-2x a day - and can barely make it to the gym - I had started taking the vitamins - Thrive - so I stopped those - and had all my bloodwork checked - its all good - except my thyroid was a little low - NORMAL - LOW...so back on 1 grain a day of Naturethroid (was on 5 grains when went off).

I talked to my Dr. about going back on Wellbutrin - but they think I should wait at least two months. But, I'm miserable. I don't want to do anything...I don't want to be around anyone - I can barely make phone calls to make appts to see my Dr's - Luckily I have them set up in advance - this is the most I have been on the computer in a month - and I'm a hard core reader and researcher - and did Social Media for three Not for Profits on top of my regular job - where now I cant even log in to any Social Media...

Ok - so enough 'whining' as I'm not a 'whiner' - I have read/ heard that Generic Wellbutrin has been proven not to work like Brand Name Wellbutrin and that is the first generic to ever be pulled by the FDA - and tested and proven to not be effective - These are my questions -- how do I know which ones work - is Forfivo ACTUALLY a TRUE brand name Wellbutrin? I don't quite understand how to know which brand names are the ones that for sure work...Also, I see multiple Dr.'s - and get many different answers - so I don't need to hear - 'ASK YOUR DR...or FOLLOW YOUR DR's ADVICE' - I'm asking here - If I followed all my Dr's advice - I would've been dead years ago - and since the Third Leading CAUSE of DEATH right now is DR's - I don't necessarily have a lot of faith in them...So I think I need to start taking it again - NOW - as I started the Thyroid a couple weeks ago - and I actually feel worse...I cannot feel like this for another two months - I am risking my job playing this 'waiting' game. I see one of my other Dr's Monday....

To reiterate - Which Wellbutrin is the 'real' drug
Has anyone ever become 'tolerant' - as my prescribing Dr. is the one who 'lowered' my dose - and I think to the generic rx one that was proven to not be effective...

If anyone else has taken Wellbutrin for longer than a few years and it is still working for them - would love to hear from you - and which one and dosing....

Or if you took it for a few years - and feel worse than before you were on it - would love to hear that as well - I have experienced depression before - but only after my best friend died at 21 - and when I was so sick as a kid an no one knew why (was not diagnosed w/HAE until I was 23) - and regular depression that I treated for years w/amino acids - light therapy and exercise - This that I am feeling now is almost severe hopelessness - BUT - I honestly have an amazing life - and am typically a person who can find the bright side in everything...not like disgusting happy - but logically happy.

If you actually made it this far - thank you for taking the time to read this - and for any insight you may have...

100footpole

Re: Questions about Forfivo VS Wellbutrin

Postby 100footpole » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:33 am

I take generic prozac and Wellbutrin.

The name on my pills is busperone 10mg. My dose is between 10 and 30 mg per day. I take a 10 mg every morning, and if anxiety kicks in I take half pills. If I feel anxious at the end of the day I will take a 10 mg about an hour after dinner.

I have found that when the busperone is not working I do well to scale back my dosage to 10 or 15 mg and spend time looking for the triggers for my anxiety. I stopped taking both drugs last October, and by the end of November I was very anxious and depressed.

I will look for information about the inefficacy of generic Wellbutrin later ... maybe :lol:

Return to “New Member Introductions”