Help for my partner

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Cazbrook

Help for my partner

Postby Cazbrook » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:29 am

:D Morning..im new to this ...i have a partner that has just been diagnosed with depression...we are waiting for counselling and he has been prescribed tabs..im not sure of the generic name but i think they are to do with Floxotine?...currently he has been taking them for three weeks...he describes his feelings in "cycles" everything seems fine for around three weeks then on the fourth a big black cloud looms and he gets very teary...anxious...argumentative etc ..im looking to support him the best way i can through this scary time...any advice please?

shmuel

Postby shmuel » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:12 pm

hi and a warm welcome Cazbrook... great to meet ya.
Keep in mind mind that medication for depression are just a part of the whole therapy... the counselling part is extremely important too.Sometimes the meds have to be changed.
I think that the fact that you are there for your partner is enough... be you and be honest. Give love and support and that is all.... be you.
Please keep in touch through the forums... and share your feelings and how you are coping
Keep in mind dear Cazbrook... one step at time

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:07 pm

I pretty much agree with what shmuel has said with medications being only part of the treatment. Counseling does so much to help depression. I am glad you are helping him out in anyway you can. Remember though, be there to support not to fix. Depression is treatable but not usually fixable.

Return to “New Member Introductions”