Exhausted

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

weary_and_alone

Exhausted

Postby weary_and_alone » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Like many others, I am not sure where to start or if it really even matters.

I don't even know why I bothered with this. I suppose it is to vent and get some things off my mind. Probably even to justify some things for myself. I know I should ask for help but I don't want to. My life is a tangled mess that I don't think my mind can be undone. I tried forgetting things for the longest time but I believe it has finally overwhelmed me.

I guess I will start with my current status. I have setup my wife and son to make them self sufficient. They have a house and reliable cars. If something happens to me everything will be paid for. I am only concerned for my daughter now. I just don't know if she is ready. I did write her a note today though I get that would be little comfort. I am exhausted...my mind hurts, my sould hurts and my body hurts. I feel this enormous weight on my chest and the pressure is becoming to much.

I have to be carefuly what I write because it is making me cry and I am at work. So I need to stop for a bit and get myself back under control. I will write more later if I can.

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:59 am

Hi there,

You really need to seek for help around you. You seem hopeless and ready to do what's can't be undo.

I know seeking help isn't easy. But believe me, it's just the first step that is hard. At the point you are, I suggest you to see a doctor or talk to a therapist. If you're not ready, contact a line crisis in your area. This step is easier to do.

I don't know what is your burden, but there is always something you can do to get things better. Try to talk about your issues, to vent help to relieve weight. You can come to our chat and find someone to listen to you.

I wish you good luck and hope you're going to do the right thing.

Take care

balcony

Postby balcony » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:25 am

Hi Weary and alone, You sound as if you are in a very bad state. Depression is thinking and acting for you. It is very hard to ask for help but the alternative is not an option. You have started the process, you took a small step by coming here and posting. Now, you must take additional steps.
Make an appointment to talk with your family doctor, confide in a friend or co-worker at work. You do not have to bear this burden a lone. Depression is an isolating experience but it is not as rare as you probably think. Many persons feel or have felt as you do, and they do get better.

We have a chat room here at DU, you might want to visit and talk with other chatters who feel as you do.

A strong hug, keep posting
Lisa

JadenB19

Postby JadenB19 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:15 am

weary_and_alone I recognize your first post as a desperate attempt to reach somebody because you feel you are beyond control of your life perhaps. I hope that you are doing ok and are not dead or have harmed yourself in any way. Even though you are a total stranger to me...I feel a deep sympathy for you right now. My life situation is very different and I am quite depressed right now as well but not to the severity of you by the sounds of it.

I just sincerely hope that you are feeling better when you are reading this and are willing to respond to me and tell us all more about you. Don't let the depression defeat the ability to actually reach out to others.

Return to “New Member Introductions”