Struggling

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

tazzy

Struggling

Postby tazzy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Hello. I am having a hard time picking myself up lately. This year has been a rough year. My husband has been laid off many times this year which has really put a strain on our finances. He has been the bread winner in the family and it has been realy hard on my salary. Earlier this year my car was repoed and I have had to get assistance in just paying the utilities. I asked my father to help me with getting a new car but now he will hardly even talk to me. He spends time with my sister's son but acts like my children don't even exist. I go to the food pantry a lot to help feed my family. In July, my mother in law passed away and we had to pay for her funeral out of pocket.My daughter this year got accepted to a college prepratory school but the tuition is hard to pay and spent most of what I had saved on my mother in law's funeral. I got a second job but they are only giving me max 8 hrs a week. I am trying to get a third job to get more hours. My husband is in the construction industry and every week he is trying to contact people to put him to work. It is the holidays and if you don't have work right now they will wait till after the new year to start hiring again. I don't have any money to even get my 2 children Christmas gifts. I am trying to keep my head up but I think I have slipped in a depression. Usually my work is my sanity but I have 2 employees that call HR about everything they dislike or not go their way. I feel like the world is against me and no one is there. :cry:

balcony

Postby balcony » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:18 am

Hi Tazzy, and welcome to the forum. Your struggles sound very difficult. It is hard enough to be wife and mother but when the pressure of bills and keeping up take over, it makes everything so much harder. I hope things improve for you soon and I think it is wise to reach out for support. We are always here, and you will meet many who share similar feelings and issues. You might check out our chatroom as well. Chat is another resource for support.

a strong hug, Lisa

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:21 am

I'm sorry that you are living all those problems. There is no miracoulus way to solve money issues than working. And with the economic situation of the world right now, to find a job is hard.

Can you get gifts for your child from an organisation? We have that kind of organisation in Canada. Maybe you have the same in USA. And try to call your church.

I wish you everything get better soon.

Take care.

Return to “New Member Introductions”