Am I depressed?

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

gravab26

Am I depressed?

Postby gravab26 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi there, i have been pondering for a while now whether I am depressed and I am very confused. I am 26 years old, I have a crap part time job with zero prospects and in my future i see only panic attacks, stress and poverty. I am more afraid of life than I am of death and as time passes and new experiences are felt I have become more intrigued with what comes after life. I have little faith with regards to religion, I would consider myself to be healthy and a rather optimistic person despite these feelings. My life seems to revolve around money, its connected to everything and seems to saturate or influence anything it comes across. I feel im more depressed by my situation than anything else. I wouldn't consider myself suicidal but my primary concern is my increasing interest in death itself and the cage like feeling that has come to dominate my day to day life which once again must be attribute to money. I feel like i'm going nowhere and life is passes me by.

Thank you for your time.

Al

Postby Al » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Being depressed doesnt mean you have depression, but then again it could of course. Its natural to worry about money, most people do at some point in their life. I lost my job a few months back when i couldnt take anymore stress and walked out. I regret it now but whats done is done.
Could you perhaps train for a better paid career? It may take a few years but it can be done, and is something i've started to look into. There are lots of ways to learn online in your spare time, and if money worries are whats getting you down maybe it would help you to relax if you had a plan for the long term?

balcony

Postby balcony » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:28 am

Hi gravab26, and welcome to the forums. I am sincerely sorry to hear that life is giving you that much distress and upset. I am glad you are able to post here and I hope things become a little better for you soon. Have you considered talking with a professional about your feelings? You might want to visit our chat room here at DU as well. Chat can provide an opportunity for you to talk with others who feel as you do.
Welcome again and keep posting, Hugs

Return to “New Member Introductions”