I'm glad I found this site

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

cathyb61

I'm glad I found this site

Postby cathyb61 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm new here and I'm so grateful to have found this site. I have MDD and Anxiety. My medication hasn't been working and I've had quite a set back. I'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow for a new assessment and a change in my medication.
I don't think that any of the other medications ever really worked as well as it should have, but I thought that if it helped a bit the rest was up to me. Through the help of my therapist I've learned that; that isn't how it should be.
I'm hoping that by signing up here I'll be able to learn more about depression and how to live with it.
I've been trying to understand this on my own by researching. That hasn't been working for me.
I'm a student and have had to take a leave from school because I haven't been functioning very well. My family tries their best and is very supportive. I try to explain what goes on in my head and because they haven't experienced it... try as they might they don't really get it.
I also don't say very much to them because I sometimes feel like a burden and I don't want to weigh them down.
I have to have faith that in time, I'll be free of this feeling of being encased in Plexiglas where I can see the world going on around me, and try as I might I just can't get in there and be a full participant.
I think of all these wonderful creative things I want to do and even go so far as to purchase the necessary tools to create them but then end up not completing anything. I use to create so many wonderful things. I want to make plans and actually follow through with them. I want to be that person again that really enjoyed life and participated in it.
Again, I'm grateful to have found this board.

Echo13

Postby Echo13 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:37 am

I am grateful that you have found it too haha. I'm new here and am pleased to see that I am not alone. I completely understand about people not being able to understand. I myself have not gathered enough courage to share these feelings with anyone, I barely gathered enough to join this site. I am hoping this is a good first step and a way to help others along the way. I would love to hear about your wonderful creations and encourage you to express yourself in anyway possible. I am an artist and I feel that my work is a big sustainer of my sanity. Thanks for sharing- echo13

cathyb61

Hey Echo13

Postby cathyb61 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:17 am

It's a big step to reach out. I'm glad you're on this board. Hopefully we both will benefit from it.
I'm hoping in time I too will have my art to keep me grounded. I have faith it will come.
Take care and keep posting. I'm going to try to. It might be good for us both.
Salute'

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:19 am

I like it here too. I'm glad you are getting the help you need and are on the right path for you. Juts know you aren't going to have to walk that path alone. We are here for you.

fern

Postby fern » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:00 am

I am happy to found this website too. Hope that someone can help me came out from this nightmare.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:56 am

((((((((((( Fern ))))))))))))

Don't have the answers but will give support and understanding to the best of our ability. How you visited the chat room connected with this forum? A good place with great people.

Warmie

fern

Postby fern » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:06 pm

Yah, i did visit chat room yesterday de. Meet alot of ppl from this world.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:49 pm

(((((( Fern ))))))))

Bunch of wonderful people there, and yes from all over the world. Hope you continue with here and there.

Warmie

Return to “New Member Introductions”