Looking for People Who Understand

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

MinnesotaSmall

Looking for People Who Understand

Postby MinnesotaSmall » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:28 am

I am new here. This whole idea really scares me, but my loved ones say things need to change and I need to try to get help in new ways. So here it goes.

I am 20 years old and have been living with serious depression for the past 2 years. A lot has surface to start all this. I have my whole sob story, which I know everyone has, but it all hit me fast. It's my story, that's what makes it so hard.

Medicine has been hard to deal with. I was on cymbalta, which launched me into my first suicidal episodes. I have been dealing with suicidal ideations since then. I don't honestly want to kill myself. I don't want to even hurt myself. Sometimes I just feel so trapped by all the pain, sadness, and loneliness.

I am trying to get better. I am trying to not feel alone in all this. I need to not feel alone in all this. That's why I am going to try these discussion boards. I'm trying to make everything less lonely

rober

Postby rober » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Hi minnesotaSmall and welcome to this board!
I totally understand you...nobody would die, nobady would suffer....but sometimes it's so hard and so painfull that it's impossible to imagine the future.
Of course you want to feel better....and I'm sure you will.
Seeking for help it's the first step. You are not alone into this.
Keep on writing...let's help each other...
A big hug

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi MinnesotaSmall,

Welcome to the forums. A good place to read of issues others deal with, and get support as well.

Hope you have also found the chat room connected with this site. Really wonderful people around, willing to help.

Warmsoul

cathyb61

MinnesotaSmall

Postby cathyb61 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:10 am

MinnesotaSmall, everyone does have a story whether it be good or bad and in my muddled mind everyone's story is important.
Depression can knock you for six that's for sure.
Have faith and I can only hope that you keep up the good fight.

Return to “New Member Introductions”