Introducing ME!

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

ashley87

Introducing ME!

Postby ashley87 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:34 am

Hi, My name is Ashley. Im 22 years old and a stay at home mom of 3 beautiful kids. Im just looking for support as I have none other than my therapists and drs. I have bipolar disorder, major depression and social anxiety disorder. Looking to give advice where I have knowledge, and to receive advice for where Im lacking. My biggest problem right now is anxiety, it holds me hostage and keeps me from doing many things I want to do with my life. Anyways, hoping this will help me out and maybe to find fulfillment in helping others!

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi Ashley nice to meet you. I also am bipolar. And I also struggle with anxiety well panic with agoroaphobic tendices. And I know it can be tough. Especially when you got kids that you want to do things with but the anxiety holds you back. Welcome to the forums. This is a good place for support as well as the chatroom.

Holly

Monty

Postby Monty » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Welcome.

Depression is always difficult to deal with, and when you have children also in the equation, well it isn't easy.

I was also fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom. My depression hit me hardest when my youngest was 4. I wish that I had been able to find a forum, like this one, at that time.

Like hollyann, I was also agoraphobic for what seemed, to be much too long a time. The anxiety made it that I was afraid to leave the house because I was afraid what people would think of me.

I have found help in doctors and therapists. But that only seemed to be enough, to a point.

Instead of having to sit for 55 minutes in a therapists office, once and week, and try to get them to understand the feelings that you have going on.

With being a part of this forum I can sit down at the computer and let all of my thoughts go, when it is a good time for me. Not when I fit into someone else's schedule.

We are all good listeners. I am sure that you will add a lot to the forums.

Take care.

Return to “New Member Introductions”