Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Rosco0510

Postby Rosco0510 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:21 am

Hi, Joined this to hopefully chat to people who know what im going through, i have been absent from work for over 4 weeks after being diagnosed with depression, i am currently on anti depressants and felt they were giving me a lift but i seem to have a mental block about returning to work, i can get up and ready to go but at the last minute decide not to go, then spend the rest of the day hiding in the house and worrying about losing my job because im no there :( . I have a very loving partner and two beautiful children who have been absolutely brilliant. look forward to chatting to others

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Hello Rosco. Welcome to the forums. We also have a chat room associated with the site. Very good people here.

As for work, you are isolating yourself. The more you do it, the easier it will be to maintain it and the harder to break it. Sometimes we just have to make us do what we need to. I know it is hard. I know some days it's almost impossible. But we can't let the depression win. This is a battle we are fighting and it's one worth winning.

Well, I look forward to hearing more from you and getting to know you.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:38 pm

(((((((((((((((((( Rosco0510 ))))))))))))))))))

Agree with all Obayn said. The battle is hard but just know you do have people here that do understand, living the same as you and ready to give support, as much as we can.

Glad you found us, hope you will get comfortable and post more. Great site, so caring.

Warmsoul

Rosco0510

Postby Rosco0510 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:58 am

thanks for your kind words guys, knowing that other people feel like i do is a comfort in its self, i have missed work before and went back and feel okay then it triggers again for a reason i can,t seem to understand.

Thanks again

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:05 am

Rosco, if you keep a daily log (journal) it will help you to recognize certain patterns you may have. It will also help you to see what your triggers can be. It will help you to see the tiny steps you take forwards that we don't always see right away too.

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:07 pm

Wecome to the forums. Good to meet you.

When suffering from depression I know (from experience) that it gets easier and easier to isolate yourself. The more that you avoid work, the easier it will get to find yourself not go in to the office.

A good thing is that you are reaching out to us. At least you are not totally isolated.

It is also good that you have a loving partner, and children. Do you interact with them much, and how old are your children.?

Now that you have found us, make sure that you keep in touch. We are all good listeners.

Rosco0510

Postby Rosco0510 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:13 am

Hi Monty, My kids are 5 and 1 i feel that i could spend more time with them but have the tendency to say not just know with the older one even though i,m basically sitting watching nothing of interest on the telly, i had a good day out with them all on sunday at a local playpark/farm and felt really good afterwards, my aim is to get back to work this friday and have more days out as mentioned above.

Thanks for listening

Ross

Monty

Postby Monty » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:29 pm

I was pretty sick when my kids were young. I still think that I was a poor parent. I spent a lot of time in my bedroom, only coming out of it to make supper. Often I wouldn't even eat with them. Just retreat back to my room.

When that thought comes to mind I remember that my daughter wrote to me once m"I'm ok. I forgive you (only once in all the time that she was at home I lost it and that was only for 20 minutes I acted the way my mom treated me)I think that I turned out ok, and that's because of you."

I think that it is great that you took your kids to the park, and that you enjoyed it. Those are the kind of thing that your kids (even though young) will put in their memory banks and think of from time to time of whata good afternoon it was.

Will be rooting for you to get back to work on Friday.

Return to “New Member Introductions”