Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Pops

Postby Pops » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi, as you might have guessed I'm new to this.

Have had a rough week and feel really low again and took the Goldberg Depression test which told me that I'm severly depressed and should consult my Doc immediately. But I really don't want to because all he will do is prescribe anti-depressants and I don't want to be on medicaton.

I'm really hoping that coming on here and talking to other people who suffer like me will help me feel less alone.

So..hi :)

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi. Welcome to the forums. We also have a chat room associated with this site. You will find lots of great people who really care.

I do agree with speaking to a doc. It's your sessions. You can decide if you want the meds or not. Although all they are is just a tool for us to use. It's your choice. But trying to do this all on your own is hard. Really hard.

I look forward to getting to know you. :)

Pops

Postby Pops » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Thanks.
I have tired to go on to the chat rooms, but my laptop has decided that it doesn't like them and won't let me open them. I've tried to go ack over them but now nothing come up at all.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:47 pm

We have a section here called "feedback and suggestions" that I'll share this post in so you can possibly find a way to get in. We have some really great tech support here who are so smart I'm sure they'll find a way for ya. :)

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi Pops welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having bad luck getting into the chat, if you post under depression chat and main Lounge board someone there might be able to help you. Also sometimes having the latest java updates from the sun site will help. And not having a pop up blocker on might be an issue.

Holly

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:46 am

hiya pops,welcome to the forum,i hope we can help you and that our friendship and support makes you feel less alone

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:40 am

Hello! :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”