new here and feeling pretty lost

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

lil-fi

new here and feeling pretty lost

Postby lil-fi » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:12 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and having a really hard time with my thoughts/feelings. I am currently trying to deal with grief which has been stuffed inside for a long time. Various other complications have been thrown into the mix and i am was diagnosed as suffering from severe depression.

I have always been a very shy person and have always kept things to myself but just cant do it any more. Feels as though i am losing my mind. I have no support at all, no family, no friends and just need somewhere i can go without fear of being judged for who i am

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:25 am

hiya lil-fi,welcome to the family. it's a really kind and supportive place here and i hope you find it helpful. sounds like you could also do with some counselling and / or a depression support group,do you feel either of these are an option for you? do you feel you could talk to your doctor?

the only way is up

new here too

Postby the only way is up » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:28 am

Hi li fi & welcome im new here too im sure with all the lovley people here we will both find some great advice

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:50 am

(((((((((((((( lil-fi )))))))))))))))))

Welcome to a great site, with people that support and understands so much, for we all have our demons to deal with.

((((((((((((((((( the only way is up ))))))))))))))) Welcome to you also.

This is a good forum. lots of people, with warm hearts and kind words. We also have a chat room connected with this forum, should you want to go in and just chat with others.

Welcome to both!

Warmsoul

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Hi (((( lil-fi ))))! Welcome to the forum! :)
I've found this to be a very supportive place, and I hope that you will too. I hope that you'll feel free to post as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.
I think that (((( lisalou )))) is right about you perhaps trying to get more support?
I went to my GP ( A doctor in General Practice. ), when I hit " rock bottom ", and she was very helpful herself, and also in referring me very quickly to other people who were able to help me a great deal.
I hope that you and (((( the only way is up )))) will soon feel at home here! 8)

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Welcome to the forums. I hope you give the chat room a try as well. Either way, you found a really good place to come.

We come here when we are up and when we are down. We chat, we listen, and we try to help as much as we can by sharing our own experiences. We try to keep it safe so that people can feel free to come and be themselves without putting up any masks or be in fear of persecution or degradation. I think you will find it very helpfull and friendly.

lil-fi

Postby lil-fi » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:13 am

just wanted to say thank you all for making me feel so welcome. I have had a brief look around the site and hope that once i find my feet i will be able to post more often. Talking about myself is not something which comes naturally to me. I have spent a large part of my life being told how worthless i am and its a very hard chain to break.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:56 am

(((((((((((((( lil-fi ))))))))))))))))))

YW. Hope to see you posting and feeling at home here more. It really is a caring site, best way to describe it.

Think we all know that feeling of 'being worthless' but it is far from the truth. Each one of us is special in our own way, no one judges, everyone gives support and means it from the heart.

So glad you joined our family, will look forward to many more conversations, sharing and supporting with each other.

Go at your own speed, we aren't in a hurry so you do it your way :). Welcome yet again.

Warmie

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:16 pm

(((( lil-fi )))), talking about myself isn't something that comes easily to me either. I can talk nineteen to the dozen about something that interests me, but actually, honestly, talking about myself is something else again! :? :oops: Still, I'm getting better at it with practice! :)
Please, take your time, settle in at your own pace, and make yourself comfortable on this site. You are DEFINITELY not worthless. I'm a firm believer that all men are created equal and entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. ( Hey that' s catchy! Perhaps someday that could even be used in a constitution, bill of rights or something? :wink: )
Welcome, again! :)

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Welcome lil-fi,

If you were looking for a safe place to let out your feelings, you certainly found the right one.

I also used to be very shy. I used to be the one that was just the tag-a-long. People would very rarely remember my name but would always remember the name of the person that I was with.

I think that I have gotten over that some now.

Have found it helps if I let people, just a little bit at a time, into my life. I think that I never could figure out why anyone would want to listen to anything I might want to say.

That certainly isnt the case here. No one has ever made me feel that my postings are insignificant. There certainly is no judging here.

Like I said, you have found safe place to share your feelings here, as rarely or as often as you like.

Return to “New Member Introductions”