Hello.

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

EternallySilent

Hello.

Postby EternallySilent » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Hello everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been suffering from some form of depression for about 4 years now. I recently turned 15. I'm female. I'm not usually into forums but I'm having quite an unpleasant day. I found out my best friend is thinking about suicide and I discovered several scars on my other friend's wrist. It seems I attract depressed people. Well, I don't really wish to delve too deeply into my issues, for this is just a greeting.

Thank you,
Sam

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:21 pm

((((((((((((((( Sam ))))))))))))))))

Hi, glad to meet you! I am Warmsoul, a Moderator for the forums. Glad you found us, and truly hope you will find this a very helpful and support site for you.

Lots of people that truly care in here, just give them a chance. I hope you post more. It is a good thing to be able to vent, to talk to others that do know what you feel with the depression.

Sending ((((((((((((((((((( friends ))))))))))))))) hugs to your friends and truly hope they both seek help. Please remember you can only be there to support them. Have you considered talking to a councilor at school or perhaps a member of a church, if you belong? Just a thought.

Welcome (((((((((( Sam )))))))))))))

Warmie

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi,

First of all, welcome to the forums. Glad you found us.

It is tough having to deal with depression on your own, let alone having friends that have really serious issues going on in their lives.

Warmie is right, you are safe to come here and vent, as often as you like. It is also ok just to come visit and see how others are doing.

Would be great to get the chance to know you better.
Post when you feel the time is right.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi Sam. I really look forward to getting to know you and sharing with you. DU is a great place to find a lot of really supportive people who understand and care.

Return to “New Member Introductions”