need help

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

highway

need help

Postby highway » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:57 am

hi every one this is my first visit and first forum.
my wife has been suffering from depression for years but we only found out 8 years ago .she took medication for three months then stopped
its taken 6 years to persuade her to get help again which she is now doing
but now i have become depressed badly.
i live in france but dont speak much french .
i dont have a clue what to do or how to cope
any advice would be much appreciated

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:52 am

hello highway, welcome to the forum. it must feel very isolating living in another country where you cant speak much of the language. maybe look on the internet to see if there are any groups for english people or something? and maybe get yourself on a french course or learn online so you feel you are more able to communicate with those around you? having a project to work on is also good for depression!

it must be hard living with and worrying about someone who has long term depression - i know my partner has struggled a lot - so please dont feel bad that you have become depressed too. are you able to speak to your doctor do you think? once again i'd also recommend the good old internet to see what resources there are for support with depression in your area. I'd also suggest keeping in contact with friends and family back home and having a heart to heart with them, try to make sure you are eating and sleeping well,get as much physical activity as you can,get some self-help books,maybe try a new hobby and above all be kind to yourself! try to focus on what you do achieve each day and any little pleasure there is in your day. keep coming here and have a good old rant whenever you like. we are all really friendly here and totally understand what it's like to have depression. well done for joining the forum and taking the first step to hopefully feeling a bit better and a bit less alone

Lisa xxx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:21 pm

(((((((((((((( highway ))))))))))))))

Hi and welcome to the forums. Hope you will see this is a caring and supportive community. We listen, we do our best to be there for you and reply. Wonderful people here, and that is the truth.

We also have a chat room connected with this forum, if you feel up to it, go and check it out. Lots of chatters use both, and the chat room is good for instant replies, someone to talk to.

Hope to see you posting more, and do take care. Best of thoughts coming your way.

Warmsoul 8)

Return to “New Member Introductions”