hello

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

littlepickle

hello

Postby littlepickle » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:27 pm

evening all
not sure what to say but wanted to say hello and introduce myself.
i think i have been depressed for a while but it only hit home at the weekend, suddenly the way i have been feeling makes sense.

i walked out of work earlier in the week, couldn't cope with the pressure they were heaping on me (i've not lost my job, they know i was ill but they don't know what is going on).

i have been to the doctors and have got myself some tablets and a referral for counselling, long waiting list though!

i have to ring in work on Monday and give them some sort of explanation, any ideas how to deal with this? i can't imagine my boss will comprehend what's going on

looking forward to getting to know you all
take care xxx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:33 pm

((((((((((((((( littlepickle ))))))))))))))))

Myself, I would call, explain I was ill, been to the doctor and got meds. I would give it a try, not saying this is what you should do. I don't know the circumstances, your work or your boss.

I hope you will continue posting here, it does help to vent and have others understand your feelings. Depression is a rough thing, but having chatters here, understanding and supporting as they do helps immensely.

Take care and keep posting. Welcome to the forums.

Warmiesoul 8)

littlepickle

Postby littlepickle » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:07 pm

warmsoul thank you for the lovely welcome...
i will stick around and be an ear for other people too
xx

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:33 am

(((((((((((((((((( littlepickle ))))))))))))))))))))

Good to have you joining the family here. Great people, as you will see. Sorry but you are stuck with us now. :)

Warmie

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:20 pm

Welcome littlepickle (I really like your screen name).

It doesn't say where you are from, though it sounds like it might be from England.

I can understand what it is like to wait in line for medical care. I come from Canada where we have endless waits for seeing psychiatrists. I am fortunate that I have one that I get along really well with. He doesn't just spend 10 or 15 minutes (like many do).

He usually schedules appointments for half an hour. I try not to abuse it because he doesn't sit there watching the clock.

Like Warmie, I would encourage you to come and visit this site. Vent when you need. We are good listeners.

littlepickle

Postby littlepickle » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:41 am

Hi Monty
Thanks for the warm welcome and yes, i'm from England. I have never been to Canada but i always imagine it to be a beautiful place!

It's good that you have a psychiatrist you have clicked with, it makes a massive difference. I hope it is helping you.

My sleep pattern is all over the place at the moment, my tablets are making me sleepy in the day but restless through the night, not great but should settle soon.

Work are, so far, being understanding.

Take care xxx

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi (((( littlepickle )))), welcome to the forum! :)
I hope that work is still being understanding for you. I hope that you'll continue to post as much, or as little, as you feel comfortable with.
Take care of yourself, y'hear? :wink:

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:10 pm

welcome little pickle

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Sleeping problems have been perpetual problems for me. They keep drying drug after drug, in cocktail after cocktail. Finally they have found one that seems to give me some rest.

The only problem with it is that it takes a while to clear my system. I take it as early as I can in the evening but the result is that I feel like I have a major hangover in the morning.

I just can't clear the cobwebs.

Like Warmie said, we don' really know your boss and what his reaction would be to you telling you about depression.

Maybe he is the type that would be understanding, realize that you are getting help, and cut you a little slack.

The clue that you were from England was the you used the word tablets, where I would say pills. Also that you were going to have to ring in for work, where I would say phone.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Keep us up to date.

littlepickle

Postby littlepickle » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I hope you have all had a good day xxx

Monty ahh sorry you feel almost hungover in the morning! I've been like that in the past off migraine medication and ended up taking it about 6pm and that kind of worked. Depends if it makes you sleepy when you take it?

I've got two bosses, one female and one higher up who is male. I spoke to the female boss and she was lovely, just paranoid of what is being said about me when i'm not there (i'll get over that!) I've been signed off for a few weeks so gives me some breathing space to work on getting better.

I drove my car the first time for 10 days today - did not enjoy it one bit. The minute it got busy i was panicking whereas this shouldn't bother me. I'll leave the car parked up for a while i think!

That's interesting you picked up on the language differences, they were only very subtle differences!

Take care everyone xxx

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:05 am

Hello littlepickle. Very nice to meet you.

littlepickle

Postby littlepickle » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:04 am

thanks Obayan, nice to meet you too :D x

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:10 am

hiya little pickle, just wanted to say a belated welcome to the forum!

littlepickle

Postby littlepickle » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:08 pm

thanks lisalou, i hope you are well and having a good day. seems like a very friendly forum and it's nice to feel like i'm not on my own.

love to you all x

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:47 am

You are never alone. Never again. Glad you are part of the family here.

Return to “New Member Introductions”