Hi there.

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

Pulse

Hi there.

Postby Pulse » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:57 am

I'm somewhat terrified right now, and I'm not sure exactly what to expect after joining this forum. I guess I'm just hoping for a place where I can speak openly about how I'm feeling to people who can relate in some way.

Anyway, hi, you can call me Pulse. I'm 17 years old and am currently midway through my last year of high school.

I speculate that I've been struggling with depression for the last 5 years, but everything seems to have reached an all time low this year. So many things are happening, most of which I cannot control, and I feel as though I'm continually letting myself down and not reaching my full potential. On top of the depression I've also been attempting to cope with social anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder, both of which only add to my depression. It has reached the point where I need to do something about it before it completely takes over my life and destroys who I am.

I want to be able to look forward to a tomorrow. I'm tired of feeling as though I am barely existing.

pablos

Postby pablos » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Pulse.

WELCOME! I am sorry are experiencing depression. You came to the right place. We all struggle with the same issues you are facing. I did not realize I was suffering from depression until I was on my first job after college. I think I had been suffering for a long time and did not realize it. Depression is challenging, but it is also managable with the right support. This forum is a great place to share what is happening and read other people's stories as well. It is good to check with your doctor and a counselor to see how they might help you.

Brows throught he forums here and feel free to share whats happening with you. You have come to the right place. Again, Welcome.

pablos

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:54 pm

You came to the right place hon. This is filled with wonderful people who really do care and want to help.

I agree with seeing a doctor. You need to get a diagnosis and that way you can begin to treat it affectively.

I hope you keep us updated on how you are doing. And welcome to the famiy.

We also have a great chat room here if you wish to speak to others going thru the same thing.

Pulse

Postby Pulse » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Thank you both very much.

I came here because a friend of mine told me that he would no longer speak to me unless I did something to try to help myself. And so I'm here to try to do this.

I'm working on getting a diagnosis, mustering the courage to go into the doctor's office and speak about it, or whatever, but at this point in time there is another medical issue that needs to be paid more attention. They aren't connected in any way and I often think that it would be easier to deal with if they were.

Reading through other member's stories yesterday...., I think I might get around to writing my own, as boring and long-winded as it is. Part of me feels like it isn't significant enough, and that I have no right to be feeling this way because there are other people in this world that are far worse off than I am.

Thank you both again. I look forward to getting to know those who regularly use the forums and integrating myself into the "family." :)

pablos

Postby pablos » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Pulse,

We are glad you are here. Your story is significant and important. You are important! You matter!. Please, feel free to share your story when you are ready and feel comfortable.

As for the other "unrelated" medical issue, you would be surprise how other medical conditions affect depression and anxiety. Probably the majority of people in Depression Understood have other medical conditions that signifcantly impact or are in some way related to depression and anxiety. You would be surprise.

Again, Welcome and (((hugs))). Remember, you are not alone.

pablos

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:59 am

Welcome to the family pulse. :) Glad to have you.

Return to “New Member Introductions”