New here!

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

essieotera

New here!

Postby essieotera » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:33 am

Hi everyone,

I'm Essie. 29 year old female from Canada. I suffer from depression, anxiety, and a dissociative disorder. I came here to find support, because I find it really hard to do in person.

Right now I'm working full-time, which is awesome. I find it a bit draining sometimes, but it's do-able.

I have a history of SI, but it's been about 10 years since I've done it. I still think about it when times get rough.

I have tried a couple antidepressants before, but I really didn't like the side effects. I have been thinking about trying again.

A big problem for me is that the depression is hard to talk about in person. Not necessarily because it's painful, but because it kinda goes away when I'm around people, to the point where I almost forget it happens.

This makes it hard to talk to doctors about it, and when I see therapists I usually focus on my anxiety.

I think that's all I had to say for now. Hope that's not too long for an intro. Still new to this stuff and all :oops:

I've never played with these emoticons before, so what the heck:
:evil: :idea: :arrow: :twisted: .... :shock:

Cougar2008

Postby Cougar2008 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi, Essie! I totally understand how hard it is to talk to anyone about depression. I have never done group therapy, and only stumbled here after searching for Awful things. This really seems like a great group, and I am so thankful already!

edwardj

Postby edwardj » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:42 pm

I don't have any advice but I am willing to listen.

Return to “New Member Introductions”