Stop me if you've heard this one before:

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

Ocha

Stop me if you've heard this one before:

Postby Ocha » Thu May 30, 2013 2:56 am

Hello everyone,

For the past decade I have been suffering from major depression. I've not been able to hold a job for very long, and school is pretty much impossible with my diminished memory.

I've been trying to deal with it on my own, but it just doesn't seem possible. I'm surrounded by people who have no idea what mental illness is or the effect it has on my life, if you want to call it a life.

The only real goal I have is to learn Japanese. It's the one thing I really want, but I won't ever be able to with depression limiting my brain.

If there's anyone else on the site who speaks Japanese or is interested in learning. I'd love to speak with you. It's about the only subject that motivates me besides programming. I've been trying to wrap my head around Ruby and Java.

I look forward to speaking with each of you and hope that we can help each other.

Nerdie Ocha

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi Ocha. Welcome to the forum. I don't know Japanese but its good that you still have that to interest you. Maybe you will find someone here that either wants to learn it or has learned it.

hollyann

Return to “New Member Introductions”